• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Urban Meyer Credibility Watch (NWT)

Interested to see what comes out from/about the Powell Police. There are interwebs rumors that Courtney Smith called 911 60+ times in a 90 day time period - basically weaponized 911 calls during marital disputes. I have no idea if that is true, but one would think they're looking into any/all 911 calls as part of this investigation.

Or her husband threatened or beat her every day for years and years. At least the Paterno defenders didn't blame the kids for Sandusky's actions. O$U fans are just as cultish, if not more.

Yeah they are just waiting for the media frenzy to die down so they can announce "nothing to see here" and go back to their business as usual. They are betting on some NFL training camp story to pop up between now and then to steal the headlines.

Don't think the media frenzy is going to die down any time soon....especially in the 2 weeks that OSUsaid it would take to complete the investigation. I can see a daily countdown starting.

After hearing Smith's interview, seeing the pics and reading the texts between the 2, this seems pretty simple to me.

1 - Should Smith be a college football coach - Clearly No.

2 - When Myer found out, should he have reported - yes (which it seems like he did).

3 - When it came out, should Myer have fired him - Clearly Yes (see #1). Myers didn't, then lied about it when he was busted at media days.

Hypothetically, if you substitute Clawson for Myers - I would be on the ClawsOut bandwagon.

tous fans are pathetic. Not quite as bad as psu fans, but close.

Agree. Just ridiculous that this clown creates some narrative that he wasn't ready for the question on media day and therefore clowned his response.

This motherfucker has been talking to the media for 15+ years. Plus, how would Coach Meyer treat a player who lied to him the exact same way he lied to the media. He's throw a gatorade bottle at him at the least.

I believe that if Meyer is allowed back at coach, at the very least everyone in that media room and every player ought to be able to whip a full gatorade bottle at Meyer from about 10 feet away.

Seems fair.

Ohio State has fired or forced out four consecutive CFB HOF coaches, usually in spectacular fashion. Meyer will be fired if that's the appropriate thing in light of whatever actions he did or didn't take in 2015.

Earl Bruce and John Cooper are the CFB HOF ? Who the hell gets to vote on this shit ?

I guess Mark Richt is a shoo-in.

You guys are aware that McMurphy's report the day before the line of questioning to Meyer stated that Smith had been "arrested for felonious assault charges", right? Is it not possible he was pissed off and was specifically responding to that hackjob, incorrect reporting? Smith was neither arrested or charged in 2015. Only 6 days later did McMurphy change his "article" to say "investigated".

I'm not saying the story did not deserve to be reported (it did), but McMurphy's agenda is painfully obvious and has led to some really shoddy "journalism" (on Facebook).

You guys are aware that McMurphy's report the day before the line of questioning to Meyer stated that Smith had been "arrested for felonious assault charges", right? Is it not possible he was pissed off and was specifically responding to that hackjob, incorrect reporting? Smith was neither arrested or charged in 2015. Only 6 days later did McMurphy change his "article" to say "investigated".

I'm not saying the story did not deserve to be reported (it did), but McMurphy's agenda is painfully obvious and has led to some really shoddy "journalism" (on Facebook).

Why not hire an assistant coach you KNOW beat up his wife during his last job?

Why not DEFEND a coach who had NINE police reports for spousal abuse?

Why not keep the HC who LIED about this and covered it up? Wins are far more important than having morals.

Hell, Meyer was acting admirably in keeping Aaron Hernandez on the Gator squad in spite of rupturing a man's eardrum with a punch and shooting at another person. UF won, no crime was as important as those wins.

Here are few more:

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/...y-arrested-at-florida-in-the-meyer-years.html

"But in 2009, the number of arrests was such that The Orlando Sentinel, which covers the university, decided to maintain an online database to keep track of them.

Those charged included safety Jamar Hornsby, who was accused of ringing up 70 fraudulent charges in 2008 on a credit card that belonged to a woman who died in a motorcycle crash. He had also been charged with property damage and criminal mischief a year earlier.

Ronnie Wilson, a lineman from Meyer’s initial 2005 recruiting class, punched and spat on a man, then opened his trunk, grabbed an AK-47 and opened fire outside a nightclub in April 2007, a police report charged. He was later arrested on charges of marijuana possession and of battery and assault.

afety Dorian Munroe was charged with felony theft, accused of removing a parking boot affixed to his car. Safety Tony Joiner was charged with breaking into an impound lot to retrieve his girlfriend’s towed car. Defensive end Jermaine Cunningham was arrested after an altercation with an employee at the sandwich shop Jimmy John’s."

And there are many more. Even pond scum is offended by Urban Meyer's past lack morals, but tigerswood and others try to defend him.

Are you really defending him straight out lying to a direct question. Whatever this guy's agenda - the question was did you know in 2015? He knew the question was likely coming as it had been reported. He said he didn't know until very recently. This is a lie he was CAUGHT making. Most people lie because they think they can get away with it. They think they can get away with it because they have lied and gotten away with it before.

He answered a lot of questions about certain athletes, some of have later committed multiple murders (Okay, one) - he essentially pleaded dumb. I didn't know Hernandez shot someone in the face. I didn't he did this or did that.

Based off this, I think we can pretty much assume what he says he knows and what he actually knows are two different things.

Are you really defending him straight out lying to a direct question. Whatever this guy's agenda - the question was did you know in 2015? He knew the question was likely coming as it had been reported. He said he didn't know until very recently. This is a lie he was CAUGHT making. Most people lie because they think they can get away with it. They think they can get away with it because they have lied and gotten away with it before.

He answered a lot of questions about certain athletes, some of have later committed multiple murders (Okay, one) - he essentially pleaded dumb. I didn't know Hernandez shot someone in the face. I didn't he did this or did that.

Based off this, I think we can pretty much assume what he says he knows and what he actually knows are two different things.

I'm thinking his response was simply just a lie as well. However, the reporter and report that fueled the line of questioning was blatantly false. If McMurphy flat out asked him in the room "did you know that Zach Smith was arrested for felony domestic assault in 2015" (he was not) does that change the narrative that the response was a lie?

Also, keep fighting the good internet justice fight, RJ. Your noble virtue is beyond besmirchment.

Nice way to say wins are more important than murders, assaults, grand thefts, etc.

My guess is Deaconbd has pictures of Jerry Sandusky and Urban Meyer on the ceiling of his bedroom and jerks off to them every night. That goes along with having one butt cheek with "Free Jerry" as a tattoo and "Property of Urban Meyer" on the other one.

He probably has a transcript of Jerry's trial on his night stand that's highlighted to give him tips.

glad to hear that you agree that the Smith interview provided interesting insights and disappointing that a guy loses his job for protecting himself from wife attacks, we're all rooting for the guy unless we find out that he wasn't totally forthcoming, thanks again for your confirmation that we're all on the same page ...

glad to hear that you agree that the Smith interview provided interesting insights and disappointing that a guy loses his job for protecting himself from wife attacks, we're all rooting for the guy unless we find out that he wasn't totally forthcoming, thanks again for your confirmation that we're all on the same page ...

huh?

I am sure the Smith relationship was complicated. Honestly, she sounded like a true pain in the ass in the interview I watched. Annoyed because the husband wanted to have a buddy sleep on the couch and insisting he take him home seems like a move that is bound to initiate a fight for sure. But still, you cannot put hands on your spouse like that. Especially when you have kids, no matter how annoying they are.

That said, I could give a shit about the Smiths. This is about Urban Meyer and getting caught for being the piece of shit he's been for at least a decade.

We all knew it and now we have proof. But. He also wins championships. So what does OSU do?

huh?

I am sure the Smith relationship was complicated. Honestly, she sounded like a true pain in the ass in the interview I watched. Annoyed because the husband wanted to have a buddy sleep on the couch and insisting he take him home seems like a move that is bound to initiate a fight for sure. But still, you cannot put hands on your spouse like that. Especially when you have kids, no matter how annoying they are.

That said, I could give a shit about the Smiths. This is about Urban Meyer and getting caught for being the piece of shit he's been for at least a decade.

We all knew it and now we have proof. But. He also wins championships. So what does OSU do?

Bringing home an overnight guest without letting the wife know is the start of the fight.Get cause and effect in order.

huh?

It wasn't even a buddy. It was Urban Meyer's young female secretary who was upset because she had just broken up with her boyfriend and they had been out partying.

I can't wait for this investigation to be over. I grew up in Columbus so I'm a lifelong Buckeye fan. Whether Urban stays or whether he goes, I will be a Buckeye fan. When this story initially came out, I was all for getting rid of Urban. When both Urban and Zach Smith said they reported it to the AD, I softened my stance to maybe he should just be suspended. Now I have no idea how this should turn out. We really need to hear from Gene Smith, the AD. He could be in hot water here as well.

As I consider myself to be a sane OSU fan, I'm disturbed to see some OSU fans go out of their way to defend what is clearly bad behavior. That rally outside the Horseshoe a few days ago was a disgrace. The victim shaming is a disgrace. No one can deny that Urban lied to the media. Why did Urban keep Zach Smith so long? I don't know. Earl Bruce was not a good enough coach to inspire that kind of loyalty. Let's see what the investigation uncovers. Whether Urban stays or whether he goes, Ohio State football will be just fine. The University will have a long list of talented coaches waiting in line to take the job if Urban gets canned.

I'm just guessing, but I think he gets a suspension and he comes back as coach. He really hasn't had a lot of disciplinary problems while at OSU and he's actually been fairly strict in terms of punishing players for any hint of violence against women. He's actually run a pretty tight ship. That's why this latest episode is so disappointing. His credibility is shot forever.

^^^^

So option #1.

One of three things will happen:

(1) Meyer will be suspended for 3 or 4 games to begin the season, OSU will go on to win its Big 10 division, then Kirk Hirbstreit will talk about the resolve of the OSU program to overcome the "adversity";

(2) Meyer will be canned and then the NCAA will arrange for Nick Saban to come to OSU with a 5 year moratorium on any NCAA enforcement;

(3) absolutely nothing happens.

It wasn't even a buddy. It was Urban Meyer's young female secretary who was upset because she had just broken up with her boyfriend and they had been out partying.

oh shit, really? that is a fight 99% of the time for any marriage.

Back