• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Urban Meyer to OSU

Meyer is a good coach, made Bowling Green State good, Made Utah good, and won two titles at UF.

No question he's a good coach. Never once doubted that, or said he wasn't.

Easy to say that now. Perhaps he checked out because he knew he had no chance to win anything without the type of QB he needs.

Which brings me back to...oh fuck never mind. I hate Ohio State anyway, and hope their offense remains prehistoric.

Um, no. I know bullgators that were close to the situation. Urban is a control freak, but he stayed on that last year (but loosened his control over the offense) to get Addazzio a job. It worked.

Yah, but Tebow played a minimal role in his first year, where they went 7-1. Should really compare times Tebow as a starter vs not.
22-5
16-8

Disagree that he played a minimal role.

Um, no. I know bullgators that were close to the situation. Urban is a control freak, but he stayed on that last year to get Addazzio a job. It worked.

Again, easy to say now.

Doesn't really matter. You are what your record says you are.

Hey look another thread ruined by the resident douche bag, please try to learn to juggle chainsaws, rent a wood chipper this weekend, something so that you lose both your hands and the ability to type.

Hey look another thread ruined by the resident douche bag, please try to learn to juggle chainsaws, rent a wood chipper this weekend, something so that you lose both your hands and the ability to type.

The wood chipper used in Fargo is on display. But I don't think I could borrow it.

Why would renting a wood chipper cause me to lose both my hands? Maybe you're too stupid to properly operate one but it doesn't mean I am.

Not sure I love your style...

WHAT THE FUCK WAS I WRONG ABOUT YOU COCKSUCKING MOTHERFUCKING ASSLICKING SON OF A BITCH?

...but I completely agree with your main point:

Does UF win the national championship without Tim Tebow in 06-07? Rhetorical question, of course, because the answer is obviously no regardless of how few snaps he played.

Tebow was huge for them in '06. His final stats were
passing: 22/33, 358 yds, 5 td
rushing: 89 carries, 489 yds, 8 td

But even more important was when he got those yds/points.

vs #13 Tennessee:
picked up 1st down on 2nd and 2, 3rd and 3, 3rd and 3, 3rd and 2, 4th and 1

vs #9 LSU
picked up a 1st down or TD on 2nd and 10, 4th and Goal from the 1, 2nd and Goal from the 1, 2nd and 1, 3rd and 2

vs #9 Arkansas in SECCG:
picked up 1st downs on 3rd and 1, 3rd and 2, 2nd and 2

Florida doesn't beat either Tennessee or LSU in '06 if Leak is their only QB.

LK had several times insisted I was wrong about something about which I wasn't wrong. At that point I felt like he had earned it.

Of course, because he has a child's mind he thought this was funny.

I appreciate the detail. I knew Tebow was critical to the cause, but specifics never hurt.

Look who was supposed to be the successor to Tebow, Cam Newton. Meyer just didn't have the right QB his last year there.

Is James Wilson the reason people hate Urban Meyer, or is it something else?

And I don't think it's too far out of the question to insinuate that Urban went looney tunes a little bit his last year at UF.

Is James Wilson the reason people hate Urban Meyer, or is it something else?

And I don't think it's too far out of the question to insinuate that Urban went looney tunes a little bit his last year at UF.

No. Everyone hates Urban Meyer because he's an asshole.

I can actually get on board with this. I hope Urban fails miserably at OSU. It's not likely, IMO, but I hope it happens.

Well it didn't seem likely that Rich Rod would have failed at Michigan. Obviously Urban is on a different level than Rich Rod, but Rich was very successful, at least offensively, at Clemson and WVU. You give him Michigan's resources and recruiting ability, and he should have run all over the B1G.

Really don't want Urban to go to tOSU.....I hate them, and he would get them in a position where every few years or so I would be forced to watch tOSU v SEC in the MNC.

The ironic part in all of this is that the buckeyes will in the end greatly benefit from this scandal. Not much of a penalty and a huge upgrade in their coaching staff, if the Urban rumor is true.

Living here in OH, I hate osu.

living in charlotte, i hate osu too thanks to all those fat fucking ohioans that moved here. i wish they had kept going south on 77 to columbia.

Back