• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Urban Meyer to OSU

The ironic part in all of this is that the buckeyes will in the end greatly benefit from this scandal. Not much of a penalty and a huge upgrade in their coaching staff, if the Urban rumor is true.

Living here in OH, I hate osu.

Ditto. This will make them even more insufferable, if true.

:rulz:

The ironic part in all of this is that the buckeyes will in the end greatly benefit from this scandal. Not much of a penalty and a huge upgrade in their coaching staff, if the Urban rumor is true.

This is such a horrible post. Ridiculous to think the program will benefit from this scandal.

So much damage has been done to the university off the field that a potential upgrade in the coach will never be able to overcome. Tressel had the ability to be the JoPa (prior to recent events) of tOSU. Losing out on that possibility is horrible for the university. Granted, that guy could eventually become Urban but I find it highly unlikely Urban would become a tOSU lifer.

Blinders.

I was more referencing the idiocy of most tO$U fans that I have encountered.

The only way I would care about the scandal is if they were getting significant penalties. Which they aren't.

Now it looks like they may be getting Urban Meyer. It will make an already insufferable fan base even worse. It would be like North Carolina getting Coach K to coach their team.

He's not going to be able to recruit nearly the same speed at OSU that he was able to wrangle at UF. That is going to severely impact his spread O in competing at a national level.

While he's won everywhere he's coached, he was only relevant nationally when he was at UF.

I don't doubt that he'll win lots of games at OSU, but unless he moves the school to the southeast, there is going to be a decent talent gap between his program and the top 2-3 SEC schools.

He's not going to be able to recruit nearly the same speed at OSU that he was able to wrangle at UF. That is going to severely impact his spread O in competing at a national level.

While he's won everywhere he's coached, he was only relevant nationally when he was at UF.

I don't doubt that he'll win lots of games at OSU, but unless he moves the school to the southeast, there is going to be a decent talent gap between his program and the top 2-3 SEC schools.

I hope this is the case, but I don't think big time recruits will look past his time at Florida and the two NCs he won.

Yeah, and tOSU is a national recruiting organization, especially with Meyer at the helm. the better teams in the Big Ten have gotten faster over the past ten years. the current roster already has six players from Florida, a few from Georgia, and two from Charlotte. And you can bet that those players weren't brought in to fill out the roster either.

osu has plenty of speed position guys in the nfl

His 2004 Utah team went 12-0, won a BCS game, and finished the season top 5 in the polls. Is that not relevant nationally?

His 2004 Utah team went 12-0, won a BCS game, and finished the season top 5 in the polls. Is that not relevant nationally?

This, too. I wasn't watching college football at the time, so I overlooked this in my previous post. I knew he had done some great work at Utah, but didn't know how good.

This is such a horrible post. Ridiculous to think the program will benefit from this scandal.

So much damage has been done to the university off the field that a potential upgrade in the coach will never be able to overcome. Tressel had the ability to be the JoPa (prior to recent events) of tOSU. Losing out on that possibility is horrible for the university. Granted, that guy could eventually become Urban but I find it highly unlikely Urban would become a tOSU lifer.
This is such a horrible reply. If you do not think they emerge from this scandal down the very short road much better, you are very mistaken. They are the 5,000 lb gorilla in this state. Short of a Penn St type of scandal, all will be forgotten the minute Urban steps on campus.

This is such a horrible reply. If you do not think they emerge from this scandal down the very short road much better, you are very mistaken. They are the 5,000 lb gorilla in this state. Short of a Penn St type of scandal, all will be forgotten the minute Urban steps on campus.

Lolz, way to be a packer.

Your first statement said they will greatly benefit "in the end" and after realizing you're wrong, you change your argument to them benefiting "down the very short road."

Yeah, I'd say going undefeated and kicking the crap out of Alabama in the Sugar Bowl was pretty relevant.

Anyway, how can it be true since Urban is definitely going to Chapel Hill????

Yeah, I'd say going undefeated and kicking the crap out of Alabama in the Sugar Bowl was pretty relevant.

They beat Pitt in the Fiesta bowl. The Alabama game was several years after Meyer left.

Wrong Utah team.

Lol urban was in the national title game that year

Lolz, way to be a packer.

Your first statement said they will greatly benefit "in the end" and after realizing you're wrong, you change your argument to them benefiting "down the very short road."
Nothing of the sort. Never changed at all. They come out of this way better. I am guessing you perhaps have realized how this all ends up?

Pretty witty packer statement, by the way.

Back