• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah and Colorado Skiing

What brands are everyone wearing for ski gear these days? I've got a 686 jacket and spyder pants that I bought when I first moved to colorado. They've served me well, but I've been considering a change after this year and looking for recommendations.

Stio Environ XT shell jacket in 2023. Love this. it's just an outer layer and I've worn it in Zero degree temps with layers underneath. I occasionally get use here in NC if it's cold and rainy.

North Face pants probably 2018. They're fine.

Swany mitten gloves 2023. Love these.

I went fully HH on Bibs and jacket. Both are great. Had Swany gloves for a while now that are always great.

What brands are everyone wearing for ski gear these days? I've got a 686 jacket and spyder pants that I bought when I first moved to colorado. They've served me well, but I've been considering a change after this year and looking for recommendations.
My Give'r mittens were a revelation. If its 20s or above, my hands will sweat in them. Perfect for freezing cold days. Otherwise I wear Kinco's like everyone else. Jacket and pants are just Northface which was on sale.

I have to disagree. I have yet to find a mountain that has everything quite like Telluride does. Yes, Jackson has better skiing, Whistler better snow, etc. etc., but when it comes to the whole package, nothing beats Telluride, especially with kids or beginner/intermediate skiers.

Do you have both a Telluride pass and an Ikon or how are you working it this season?
Well, I don’t compare Telluride to anywhere else.

Telluride is not really a mass tourism destination. The majority of runs are still made by locals. the Epic Pass which I get has been a boast to traffic just enough to help fill the restaurants etc. It’s been a good season so far,

I”ll ski 10 or so days in Telluride and probably hit Beaver Creek to visit friends.

Flylow snowman bibs (the one piece I paid full price for)
Eddie Bauer powder search that was $100 on sale
Meriwool baselayers (10/10 no complaints)
Dakine Goretex gloves (but eyeing some REI 3 finger mitts)

Switching from pants to bibs was the right call. They’re much better imo

I don’t frequently take dumps at the slopes

Better as they keep all the layers tucked in, no snow down ya crack if you fall

What a fun weekend! Conditions at Winter Park were really good for the most part and we had a blast as a family.

The kids are getting pretty adventurous with their skiing and hitting some terrain I’m not super comfortable in so I’m wondering if anyone has recommendations for radios or other devices so we can stay in touch? I might even stick air tags in their jackets for our next trip in two weeks, unless someone else has any ideas.
Got an instagram ad for these. they are pricy but look like they would fit what you’re looking for

https://www.okmilo.com/en-us/

Back