• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UVA Lacrosse Murder Trial

They're playing up the "frail" card so hard. Dude is wearing a blazer that is obviously too big for him. I imagine it's the first time he hasn't had clothes that didn't fit since he went from his newborn clothes to his 2-4 month old clothes.

His chair is lower than his attorneys making him look smaller.

They're playing up the "frail" card so hard. Dude is wearing a blazer that is obviously too big for him. I imagine it's the first time he hasn't had clothes that didn't fit since he went from his newborn clothes to his 2-4 month old clothes.

His chair is lower than his attorneys making him look smaller.

[JohnnyCochraneDeac] If his clothes don't fit like Ian Poulter, you must find for manslaughter. [\JohnnyCochraneDeac]

Isn't that what they all wear up there? EVERY DAY IS FOXFIELD IN CHARLOTTESVILLE!

Not nearly as much as it used to be 20-30 years ago. Not even for football games. Except for Foxfield - for that it's still sun dresses, khaki & blue blazer as far as the eyes can see.

i haven't followed this at all past the initial coverage that it got, and then reading this thread (i didn't really click on any of the links). so forgive me if this is a stupid question: but what exactly are his supporters supporting? he's already admitted to actually killing her, right? everybody knows he's guilty, it's just a matter of whether or not he MEANT to kill her, right? if so, are they just supporting that they think he's a domestic abuser/thief instead of a murderer? that seems like a stupid thing to be supporting.

i haven't followed this at all past the initial coverage that it got, and then reading this thread (i didn't really click on any of the links). so forgive me if this is a stupid question: but what exactly are his supporters supporting? he's already admitted to actually killing her, right? everybody knows he's guilty, it's just a matter of whether or not he MEANT to kill her, right? if so, are they just supporting that they think he's a domestic abuser/thief instead of a murderer? that seems like a stupid thing to be supporting.

Dunno, but I guess just to be supportive of him as a family member/friend. I was wondering the same thing. I get his parents being there. But I'd be surprised if many of his UVA friends would make the trip for this, considering most would have already graduated.

I assume his "supporters" are just family members that would rather he get 10 years in prison instead of life.

He hasn't admitted to killing her. He admitted that they fought and she had a bloody nose. Apparently it was her boozing and adderall that killed her and she passed out on her stomach.

However in his taped police confession he admitted slamming her head into the wall.

Any forecast as to who will be testifying for the defense?

They had a couple of forensic experts on the stand yesterday saying cause was asphyxia. Sounds like the CA had a snarky comment that cleared the courtroom. Sounds like what defense counsel is doing is trying to say there were multiple causes of death, not just him twisting her neck and banging her head against the wall. I'm telling y'all, beware Cville juries. They are notoriously light sentencers. I was out last week with several folks from the legal community. We did a sentence pool. I took 2nd degree and 20. The most anyone had was 1st and 40, and the least was time served. The defense is holding out hope for manslaughter but would probably be happy with 2nd and 10-20. Whereas the CA is hoping for 1st but would probably be happy with 2nd and 20-30.

They had a couple of forensic experts on the stand yesterday saying cause was asphyxia. Sounds like the CA had a snarky comment that cleared the courtroom. Sounds like what defense counsel is doing is trying to say there were multiple causes of death, not just him twisting her neck and banging her head against the wall. I'm telling y'all, beware Cville juries. They are notoriously light sentencers. I was out last week with several folks from the legal community. We did a sentence pool. I took 2nd degree and 20. The most anyone had was 1st and 40, and the least was time served. The defense is holding out hope for manslaughter but would probably be happy with 2nd and 10-20. Whereas the CA is hoping for 1st but would probably be happy with 2nd and 20-30.

Wow, betting on this just doesn't seem right.. At all.

No court today because one of his attorneys was too sick to be there.

I've never been faced with this scenario, but after thinking about it I will say this: if one of my family members or best friends was facing the charges that this guy is facing, I would be there for him/her. Not saying I would be publicly proclaiming or arguing for his/her innocence, but I would just want to be there for the person. Even if they are quite obviously guilty like I think this guy is, when someone is going through the lowest moment of their life, lower than they ever thought they'd sink to, and they know they are screwed, I think I would want them to know that at the very least someone is there for them on the way down. I don't know, it's a tough question to ponder.

Who cares? It's a media circus and has been sensationalized because people eat this shit up.

Sensationalized? Well maybe. This lax bro with a family yacht did smash the brains of some beautiful cheerleader at mr jeffersons university. It pretty much kidnappped itself dude.

Back