• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UVA Shooting (Sports-Related)

These conversations never go anywhere because “responsible” gun owners never admit to gun proliferation as being the major problem. It’s always mental illness or some other non-quantifiable bullshit that prevents their liberties from being infringed upon

You can blow that argument out of your gaping asshole Jane. This discussion has been had on this forum dozens of times with no new ground covered.

Even if it makes you uncomfortable, politics frequently intersects with other topics, you can’t just fucking silo every conversation that might bring up partisan commentary

You don’t like talking about gun control on the sports board, take it up with the football player that just shot 6 of his teammates.

You don’t like talking about gun control on the sports board, take it up with the football player that just shot 6 of his teammates.

Do you have his Snap ? Hopefully he's already blown his head off with a gun and they'll find his remains on some farm outside Charlottesville.

In this thread, I'd rather know more about the circumstances of the shooting, the players who lost their lives, and UVA's reaction in the coming days, than sift through pages and pages of the same rehashed gun control debate we've been having for decades about access, clip sizes, assault weapons, background checks, etc.

Even if it makes you uncomfortable, politics frequently intersects with other topics, you can’t just fucking silo every conversation that might bring up partisan commentary
I'm not uncomfortable.

In this thread, I'd rather know more about the circumstances of the shooting, the players who lost their lives, and UVA's reaction in the coming days, than sift through pages and pages of the same rehashed gun control debate we've been having for decades about access, clip sizes, assault weapons, background checks, etc.

I’m clear on what you’d rather have, it just doesn’t make any sense, like trying to have a conversation about COVID without anyone mentioning the vaccine. Gun control is extremely relevant to the topic.

So what you're saying is that you fully intend to debate gun control here.

Have at it.

Do you have his Snap ? Hopefully he's already blown his head off with a gun and they'll find his remains on some farm outside Charlottesville.

I hope we find out what could've drove this young man to do this. The whole thing is just so heartbreaking.

You can blow that argument out of your gaping asshole Jane. This discussion has been had on this forum dozens of times with no new ground covered.
What an strong response.

I don't really see a lot of gun-control debate in this thread, to be frank. I think there are more people whining about it being on the sports board than actively engaging in what goes for debate around here.

Right now I’m just debating you trying to censor a relevant discussion. Let it go.

No, I'm not trying to "censor relevant discussion." I'm suggesting that DF07 take it somewhere else, like the board that's been set up specifically for the purpose of discussing such issues.

Sorry to infringe upon your rights under the First Amendment.

Is it true that UVA is still under lock-down/shelter in place orders? Jesus.

I'm saying you used to be able to walk into a store without a permit or back ground check and come out with a gun. That is not a feeling, it's a fact.
This is incorrect. North Carolina has required a permit to purchase a handgun since 1919 (although there was a gun show loophole until last year). The laws obviously vary a lot by state, and the states with the most lax laws have the most gun violence. This isn't a difficult concept - the massive number of guns leads to a massive number of shootings.

Is it true that UVA is still under lock-down/shelter in place orders? Jesus.
Sounds like there's still a shelter in place, but maybe not a full lock down anymore, considering they're still looking for the shooter.

Back