• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Go pre-order it, you cheap bastards. :)

Deac6, PM incoming.

Oh, it's been pre-ordered for months. If I could cancel it, I would. :D

This was one of the rare games I actually pre-ordered. You guys better not let me down!

Ok, so there's apparently no co-op.

That has to be the biggest miss in recent video game history. This thing would have sold 10,000+ more copies with any kind of multi-player.

Yeah, I tend to agree. That's the only reason I haven't bought it.

Last edited:
PREORDERING IS THE WORRRRRRRRST

seriously, do you want our games to suck ballz?

PREORDERING IS THE WORRRRRRRRST

seriously, do you want our games to suck ballz?

There are just so many times the industry has put out absolute shit that you wish you wouldn't have pre-ordered. Virtually unplayable shit like Asscree Unity and Batman AK.

Valve is doing the right thing by allowing refunds.

it's not even that; there are projects on steam you can pre-order for with no release date and no refund policy. it's insanity. it's one thing to throw your money away on a Shenmue 3 kickstarter but wtf, people, do not pre-order Assassins Creed or CoD.

Last edited:
I rarely pre-order games any more. Usually only do it for niche games or smaller companies that really need the support. For example, I recently pre-ordered Rock Band 4, because I appreciate that they are trying to do right by their long time fans. A lot of the retail specific pre-order bonuses are kind of icky in general (not counting premium editions), and I don't think it is a good trend to support. Fallout 4 will be making buckets of money regardless (mine included), so I don't feel a need to pre-order.

I'm still waiting for the release of A Hat in Time. I've been on that Kickstarter for a couple of years.

DCDeacon are you going to have a boards contest where we all send you compliments in exchange for Fallout 4 redeem codes :eek:

i don't think i've ever pre-ordered a game. I have always been on the opposite side of the market, i.e. wait at least a year after it comes out so it's fully patched, fully reviewed, and significantly discounted.

I think he's talking about this, bym

Yeah... I know. I was making a joke based on the poster and proximity to another comment.

fYaI8A.gif

I realize that might make me seem like a huge nerd, even considering the thread I'm posting this in, but the Halo 5 soundtrack is on Soundcloud today if anyone wants to listen. I listen to video game soundtracks all the time at work (good working music, no vocals), so this will join the playlist. FYI, the Witcher 3 soundtrack is great, but the Ori and the Blind Forest soundtrack is incredible (as it was meant to be).

Halo 5

Some pretty good reviews for the new Assassin's Creed, though it only averages out on Metacritic to a 78 (Unity was a 70, 4 was I think an 88-92, depending on the system).

Back