• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

I mean I guess my post wasn't fair, you could also just be really into in-game State Farm commercials

They're bundling League Pass with 2k24. The only Madden I bought was the one with Cam on the cover that came with Sunday Ticket. I played Madden like once and I've gotten Sunday Ticket ever since.

I might get 2K23 to see if I'd be interested in 2K24 with Wemby. In general, I think sports games should just update rosters (even through DLC) and come out with a brand new game every 2 or 3 years or twice per generation like other genres of games.

Did I miss Cam on a cover of Madden? I didn’t think he ever got on because I would have bought that too

My bad. It was the 25th anniversary edition. No Cam on the cover. Maybe I imagined it because he should have been on the cover of Madden.

Is it?

I stumbled upon a random reddit convo with DCDeacon on it the other day and it looks pretty good. I've only seen positive reviews.

IGN and Gamespot both graded it a 7/10. Obviously that's just a couple reviews but those are low scores for a game this anticipated.

It's averaging close to 90 on metacritic, IGN and GS are both trash. Their reasoning is so weird too for the low score.

Basically either angry that it starts too slow for their tastes OR they expected it to be a full exploratory space sim ala No Man's Sky.

I think it'll finish in the 85-90 range, you either love their formula or you just don't get it, so the people that don't will bring the average down..

I like the ACG review of it, there's a good line in there about commisioning 5 artists to make 5 pieces about the same thing, and you get 5 different forms of it all very similar but also very different.. and that's what we have with NMS vs ED vs Star Citizen vs Starfield

Telling that he's still played it for 30 hours PAST finishing the story for the review..

.. and when you consider that modding is gonna really open up the game and help cover up warts (e.g. there were some nice Skyrim start skip alternative storylines), really excited for what it'll look like in a year

I like the ACG review of it, there's a good line in there about commisioning 5 artists to make 5 pieces about the same thing, and you get 5 different forms of it all very similar but also very different.. and that's what we have with NMS vs ED vs Star Citizen vs Starfield

Telling that he's still played it for 30 hours PAST finishing the story for the review..

.. and when you consider that modding is gonna really open up the game and help cover up warts (e.g. there were some nice Skyrim start skip alternative storylines), really excited for what it'll look like in a year

That ACG review talks about combat being something you will want to do tons of. Friends that I have , plus many reviews say otherwise. The ai is so piss poor they just stand around and get owned, or in some instances are too over powered. Don’t think they balanced that well. Starfield looks like a wait 6 months and see Game. I suspect once it “releases” the user reviews are going to be 60 to 70 range. Nvidia cards are getting crap performance too.

Average people playing Starfield right now are just those who spent $70 on it instead of paying for Gamepass, right? Not sure I trust their judgment anyway...

Takes online are all over the place minus an apparent slow start. I'm looking forward to just ignoring the noise and seeing if it's fun or not once it's actually playable on Gamepass.

So woah looks like the ps5 collectors edition of baldur's gate is selling for like $1,200 on ebay vs the $270 retail price. How do you get in on getting these collectors edition things?

I got through character creation today.

My only issue is it’s making my GTX 1070SC feel old and new cards are so overpriced.

I got through character creation today.

My only issue is it’s making my GTX 1070SC feel old and new cards are so overpriced.
downloading now (off gamepass)

we will see how my 1060 handles this. I'm not optimistic at all

Back