• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

For my money there's never been better game music than FF3/6, the 2 Ori games, and Hades. But I've never played or listened to Octopath Traveler, to be fair!
All the FF games have tremendous music. For old RPG music, I also really liked the Phantasy Star and Lunar games. The Persona games (3,4,& 5 at least) have some of my favorite modern soundtracks. This is excluding licenced soundtracks like Tony Hawk.

Getting back into BOTW since I never finished it the first time. I'm enjoying it a good bit, and obviously think it's well done, but I do feel like I'm missing SOMETHING overall. I got through two of the Divine Beasts during my first venture through, and am about 3 hours in now. Maybe it's just overwhelming with so many options as far as runes/recipes/weapons, but I constantly run out of arrows and breaking all my weapons. Is this just part of the game? Should I be finding cooler ways to kill the goblin camps (I know I can blow up the TNT things) instead of brute kamikaze force?

You’re not. That’s just the game. Incredible ideas and some very cool mechanics but ultimately thin

For my money there's never been better game music than FF3/6, the 2 Ori games, and Hades. But I've never played or listened to Octopath Traveler, to be fair!
Good Riddance from the Hades soundtrack is really good. The rest of the soundtrack is very well done also.

I'll also throw in Diamond City Radio from Fallout 4, pretty much the whole Skyrim Soundtrack, and most of the music from the Ezio trilogy of Assassins Creed.

Have to throw in both Red Dead Redemption soundtracks while I'm at it, specifically Far Away and Born Unto Trouble from RDR1 and Table Top and Mountain Banjo from RDR2

Adding Death's Door soundtrack too, if anyone played that. That's the isometric game where you're a crow fighting to find souls and stuff.

For video game music, there's Baba Yetu and then the conversation can begin about what follows.

I heard the training theme from Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out played during an NBA game last week.

Last edited:
Some song the band plays is similar to this, but not quite it - but this is all I hear.

I hope Nintendo makes an animated Punch-Out film just so they can duplicate that scene.

Tell him that the joy cons were designed to break because the switch has some incredible ideas and some very cool mechanics but ultimately a thin gameplay loop

I hope Nintendo makes an animated Punch-Out film just so they can duplicate that scene.

Since they had the little Easter egg in the SMB movie for Punch-Out I thought it could make a decent sports movie, but they haven’t made a Punch-Out game in like 15 years so unless they are planning a new game doesn’t really make sense to actually make a movie because there would be no cross promotion

Back