• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

And the show was cobbled together a few weeks before air?

based on the commercials, that was my assumption. "Hey, let's come up with a concept for a show where can have swordfights and crossbows and explosions and attack helicopters! We'll get all the Game of Throne viewers AND all the 24 viewers!"

based on the commercials, that was my assumption. "Hey, let's come up with a concept for a show where can have swordfights and crossbows and explosions and attack helicopters! We'll get all the Game of Throne viewers AND all the 24 viewers!"

tumblr_m2ohxkoqD31qk88o4.gif

I'm not saying that you're wrong, redwing. I'm just sayin...

come%20at%20me%20bro.jpg

This was the teaser trailer released during the fall of 2011 before the VGAs, establishing their basis without revealing anything about the game:

This was the announcement trailer released during the 2011 VGAs:

You can see that most of the design of the game had already been established at this point, since they were running off a working model. Development time to this point could be estimated to be at least a year but likely longer, given this was a AAA game, the graphical fidelity, so forth. The team developing the game was taken from the Uncharted 2 team after that game shipped in 2009, so it really could have been started any point after that.

As for Revolution, it didn't begin filming until Spring 2012, and the plot seems to have been presented to JJ Abrams sometime in the Fall of 2011, as it was mentioned in this interview/ in November. So it seems highly unlikely that The Last of Us was in any way based off Revolution, though maybe Revolution tried to take a couple cues from the game.

ETA: In looking at a little information about Revolution, they two don't really seem much alike anyway, other than a general "fall of society/post apocalypse" setting.

Last edited:
This game looks like it might be a fun initial play with no replay value. I wouldn't mind a cabin in the woods type game with different monster/creature horror scenarios type game though.

This is hilarious and he is one of my favorite lesser known Marvel heroes.

Could be fun thoughts?

So... XBOX Live has been down most of the day, apparently. That would suck if I really wanted to play video games and my console required a constant internet connection.

So... XBOX Live has been down most of the day, apparently. That would suck if I really wanted to play video games and my console required a constant internet connection.

At least your personal information with Microsoft is still secure.

And its double Xp weekend for black ops. Womp womp.

they didn't get anything of mine and at most they would get my email address.

Good for you that you happened to be one of the 77 million who didn't have personal information stolen.

Just means they got better and are more prepared now. It can and probably will happen to the xbox sooner or later. Plus Sony does it for free. I bet they didn't lose that many customers over it. You can just about get anyone's email you want at any time and I would be willing to bet 98% of those 77 million just had their email taken. The only reason xbox jumped out ahead of the PS3 initially was the earlier launch and after experiencing both systems I will take the ps3 all day.

I am and have always been a Playstation "guy". I don't anticipate that ever changing. I can admit XBoxLive is better than PSN. Hell, I bet most Sony employees would admit it. Also, there is absolutely no positive way to spin a security breach like that, none. Can't happen. It just can't.

Haven't watched Revolution, but from what I've seen on the commercials, no. It is an end of days scenario caused by a fungal outbreak. The same fungus that gets inside ants in the Amazon and controls their brain has adapted to attack humans. Supposed to be fairly limited encounters (for a 3rd person action game anyway), with difficult enemies and a focus on improvising based on the environment. Developed by the Uncharted guys, so it has a chance to be pretty good.

Isn't Revolution about the world having no electricity?

Anyone played an indie computer game called Slender? My brother texted me last night and told me to download it

Slender...is that the game where you have to decide whether or not to recline your airplane seat?

Anyone played an indie computer game called Slender? My brother texted me last night and told me to download it

Haven't played it, but I've heard about it. Provided it is the original, and not one of the hundreds of cheap copies out there, it is supposed to be a pretty simple game that is really creepy.

Haven't played it, but I've heard about it. Provided it is the original, and not one of the hundreds of cheap copies out there, it is supposed to be a pretty simple game that is really creepy.

Ill give it a run tonight and report back

You can find a lot of youtube videos of people playing Slender. It was the "eating cinnamon" of a year ago.

It is a cool, creepy game though. Very simple, but effective.

Back