• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

If you listen to his commentary, he seems to have never played Zelda before in his life. He doesn't know the difference between blue and red enemies, he didn't know that you shot the sword at full health. Hell, he didn't know that the beeping sound mean that you were at one heart or less.

Reviews for Thief (released tomorrow) are coming out.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/thief

I'm a little disappointed. Consensus seems to be that gameplay can be A+, if a little buggy, but the developers try to cram a disjointed and uninspired story down your throat. If more of the game was about sneaking around and stealing things, I guess, everyone would be happy.

Thief getting widely panned in reviews; 69 on Metacritic. That's disappointing.

I'm almost done with ac iv and I'm not really upset about it. The ship and setting were really cool but the whole assassins creed gameplay thing drives me nuts. I'm glad I rented it.

I'm almost done with ac iv and I'm not really upset about it. The ship and setting were really cool but the whole assassins creed gameplay thing drives me nuts. I'm glad I rented it.

Always found it to be silly and not fun

I'm a big AC fan, finished all of them through ACIII. I'm playing Dishonored now, and I really miss the fluidity of the AC control schemes. The Dishonored control scheme is much harder to master and the environments are difficult to navigate. I like the story and the setting so I'm going to try to stick with it.

Thief getting widely panned in reviews; 69 on Metacritic. That's disappointing.

I was bummed by that too. I went ahead and took the plunge. Played about 3 hours so far.

The gameplay is actually really great. I enjoyed the first 2 level designs, and the options available to you as you sneak around are pretty cool. There are lots of rich details scattered about the game, too--little documents, trinkets, etc. Best of all, imo, money actually means something in this game. I actively explore around the map and seek out side quests because I badly need the cash.

BUT the story/voice acting is garbage, and all the audio in the game seems really buggy. I frequently hear people's conversations when I'm deep underground or in an unoccupied house, for some reason. The frame rate can get really choppy during cinematics, which sucks, and there are frequent load screens that take longer than I'd like.

And this can be good/bad depending on your view, but the game will absolutely punish you if you make a mistake. Guards almost always kick your ass, falling from a rooftop will kill you, and traps around the levels will kill you pretty much instantly. It's pretty old school.

I'm a big AC fan, finished all of them through ACIII. I'm playing Dishonored now, and I really miss the fluidity of the AC control schemes. The Dishonored control scheme is much harder to master and the environments are difficult to navigate. I like the story and the setting so I'm going to try to stick with it.

How far into Dishonored are you? The world is much easier to navigate after you get Blink and upgrade it.

I dunno. Kenway is always jumping on things I don't want him to, getting stuck on random shit or locking into the wrong guys. Some of that can be user error but I've played the game well over 50 hours now.

The ship battles are very well done but I have come to dread the parts of the game where I'm off the ship. If I never have to tail another character again I'll be ecstatic.

I dunno. Kenway is always jumping on things I don't want him to, getting stuck on random shit or locking into the wrong guys. Some of that can be user error but I've played the game well over 50 hours now.

The ship battles are very well done but I have come to dread the parts of the game where I'm off the ship. If I never have to tail another character again I'll be ecstatic.

Can't disagree with the second paragraph one bit. The eavesdropping and such is way too frequent it seems.

How far into Dishonored are you? The world is much easier to navigate after you get Blink and upgrade it.

Just the first real mission. I have teh blink of course but the control scheme is just awkward. I wish it were 3d person camera instead of first person. Also the stealth mechanic sucks. The game is all about stealth, but I can't tell when I'm hidden and when I'm not hidden. Sometimes I'm in the open and no one reacts, sometimes I'm in shadows and peeps start screaming.

I have to say my least favorite parts of any AC game were "chase" missions. I always had to replay them 30 times to get it right, and forget about doing any optional side missions that involved chasing. So frustrating.

Back