• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

I picked up Reaper of Souls yesterday. Pretty pumped to get back into Diablo. Everything I read about RoS suggests that Adventure Mode + Waypoints basically makes it Diablo 2 2, which is exactly what I wanted all along.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I really need to get back into now that RoS is out. I had a pretty good monk and even grinded my way to quite a few paragon levels, but the AH really destroyed the economy and made the grind totally unrewarding.

In case people didn't know how gorgeous Mario Kart 8 is, after each race they pull together highlights (instead of full replays) that can look like this and you can like share to youtube.

LimitedFreshAdeliepenguin.gif

These are great! Love that Luigi death stare

Anyone gonna take a look at Wildstar? I don't have time for MMOs anymore, but if I was about 10 years younger I'd be all over it. Looks fantastic, especially the housing system & difficulty of gameplay

Anyone gonna take a look at Wildstar? I don't have time for MMOs anymore, but if I was about 10 years younger I'd be all over it. Looks fantastic, especially the housing system & difficulty of gameplay

I have a friend who loves it. I'm like you though, no time for MMOs.

Played the beta, kind of liked it - the combat system isn't as smooth as it should be (i.e - isn't to WoW level, which is the gold standard for character / ability response to input) and the UI was a fuster cluck. The release UI is better, and there's tons of add-ons now already.

I play MMO's to raid though, and it's 40 man raids in Wildstar. Ugh - that just seems so stupid. I'll need to see the first tier of raids from them and how it works, but with WoW releasing a new expansion soon and coming off the best raiding expansion they ever had ... it'll be hard for Wildstar to deliver something better. If they do, I'll swap games. If not ... I'll probably just keep playing WoW.

No way I'm going to fork over $60 for a game and then $15/mo again. I'd consider it if there weren't an upfront cost, just to see if I could earn enough to make it free monthly.

No way I'm going to fork over $60 for a game and then $15/mo again. I'd consider it if there weren't an upfront cost, just to see if I could earn enough to make it free monthly.

It's funny to me to see adults say stuff like that. I used to when I was 16 with $300 bucks to my name, but with a real job $15/month isn't even noticeable impact on my finances I suppose. Where else can you get endless hours of entertainment for $15/month? Compare that to say owning a nice car or boating or traveling or fine dining, it's really nothing. Idk, I just don't get it.

ever since i learned this financial system on this blog called lee on life, i have endless $ to spend on evan williams green label and video games

It's funny to me to see adults say stuff like that. I used to when I was 16 with $300 bucks to my name, but with a real job $15/month isn't even noticeable impact on my finances I suppose. Where else can you get endless hours of entertainment for $15/month? Compare that to say owning a nice car or boating or traveling or fine dining, it's really nothing. Idk, I just don't get it.

There's plenty of other equally entertaining games to play that don't cost that much or even anything at all.

Have my monk back up and running on RoS. Level 70 now with about 43 paragon levels. My build is pretty dated though, so i'm just farming Normal/Hard difficulty to re-gear and try out new builds.

Hit me up if anyone wants to do some Adventure Mode bounties together. Pretty sure my battle.net tag is Ampersand, though I'll have to check when I get home today.

I spent like 6 hours straight playing Mario Kart 8 yesterday, alternating back and forth between online mode and trying to unlock things on single-player.

May pull the trigger on a One after I get back from Brazil with the new price point.

Back