• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

Haha, except I thought ME2 was MUCH better than the DA2 as far as sequels went. At least the gameplay combat-wise was somewhat similar. DA2 made it way too "arcade-ey". Oh here's a giant group of enemies, now pwn them, over and over and over and over and over. I stopped playing that game about 2 hours into it, whereas I put in easily over 100 hours on the original DA.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love ME2. DA2 pretty much blows, although I did beat it. I think they both changed combat for the worse and I actually do no like the conversation wheel in both.

finally got all the skyrim achievements. now i can fucking do something else with my free time....which means back to sc2 .

I'm getting better at bf3. I'm almost level 10 and I'm mostly hovering around a 1/1 k/d ratio.

I'm getting better at bf3. I'm almost level 10 and I'm mostly hovering around a 1/1 k/d ratio.

Pretty solid if you ask me.

Since I can't maintain a good K/D, I just run around trying to do stupid trolling things, like killing someone with the repair torch or crashing a helicopter into someone's tank.

Nice. I'm actually playing through Mass Effect 2 again myself, and while the mineral scanning sucked the first time through, after they patched it and I got the bonus for having beaten the game, scanning hasn't been a big deal since. At least they knew enough to fix something that was pretty bad.

I'm torn between which ME game is better. I thought they really refined the conversation and dialogue options in the second game, and it certainly has faster combat, which can be a good thing. I really hate how much character customization they took away from the game, though. They really cut back on skills, especially. I also had a love/hate relationship with the Mako. It was really amazing to land on a planet and drive around exploring... some of the views were incredible. However, it also took forever to recharge shields if you got in a bad situation, and it really sucked when there was a checkpoint on the top of a mountain and it took five minutes to get up there.

I'm pretty sure that ME3 will be more similar to the second than the first, although I haven't played the demo yet. Still, I'll probably be getting it day 1, which is unusual for me (though not as much lately). I am another one who doesn't mind waiting on a game if I can get it later for half price or better.

From the ME3 demo, it seems like it will be more like ME2 than ME1. The thing that I really liked about ME2 is that there weren't nearly as much inventory fiddling as there was in ME1. Maybe they cut down on it a bit too much, it would be great to actually have more than one or two upgrades for each bit of armor or weapon.

I've also been working on Darksiders the past few days, and while it is terribly derivative, it is also really well done.

Pretty solid if you ask me.

Since I can't maintain a good K/D, I just run around trying to do stupid trolling things, like killing someone with the repair torch or crashing a helicopter into someone's tank.

I like playing on the 4 teams of 4 more kills for everyone. Before I stopped playing to do other games I got pretty good. I was averaging around 20 kills to 8 deaths a match.

Anyone try the multiplayer for the Mass Effect 3 demo? Pretty standard horde mode stuff, but I like the way progression is handled.

mass effect 1 and 2 for pc are on sale on amazon for $5 right now. if i was only going to get one of them which should i get? would i still enjoy 2 without playing 1?

mass effect 1 and 2 for pc are on sale on amazon for $5 right now. if i was only going to get one of them which should i get? would i still enjoy 2 without playing 1?

I'd say it depends on if you like a more deliberate combat style or a more action oriented game. You can still enjoy 2 without playing 1, but some of the moments lose their impact. At $5 bucks a piece, I'd just say get them both. But if you are forcing me to pick one, I'd go with the first since you can always pick up the second later.

finally got all the skyrim achievements. now i can fucking do something else with my free time....which means back to sc2 .

images

?

If so, 1000 posreps to you.

i bet he means starcraft, seeing as how juice is totes a milk-drinker.

I've been racking up some time on Diablo II. I'm excited about D3 release - it should be in a few months. Only 4 years after the initial announcement.

Back