• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (#9 CFP, #5 SOR) at UNC (UNC-2.5) 12:00 noon, ABC

The thing I'm most pissed off at right now is predictably getting F'ed by the ACC scheduling office and having to play this game in Chapel Hill and not Winston. That would have mattered.

It was a non-conference game, chief

Hahaha. That’s rich. Watched every Wake game for the past 20 years kiddo. I’m not defending the DC by any means, but to lay this all on him and not include a few players who had horrible games and failed to execute at key points in the game is laughable. I love Keith but he had a terrible game today.

Can’t wait for Cam to bring up the fact that we lost 3 CBs during the game and that’s why we gave up so many big plays.

It is beyond obvious at this point that we have a serious scheme issue on D. We also need a new LB coach as soon as possible.

Hahahahaha - You know the Cam spin is coming.

“How can Hemp possibly scheme against losing so many CB’s??”

Thought Hartman played well but missed a lot of throws and didn’t play well in the fourth quarter. Thought Clawson should have kicked that 45 yard field goal with about 7 minutes to go instead of going for it on fourth and 2.

Thought Hartman played well but missed a lot of throws and didn’t play well in the fourth quarter. Thought Clawson should have kicked that 45 yard field goal with about 7 minutes to go instead of going for it on fourth and 2.

Hartman generated 55 fucking points. Not his fault

Hahaha. That’s rich. Watched every Wake game for the past 20 years kiddo. I’m not defending the DC by any means, but to lay this all on him and not include a few players who had horrible games and failed to execute at key points in the game is laughable. I love Keith but he had a terrible game today.

I mean a lot of people watch football and don’t understand it.

Anyway. Can still win the Acc. Interested to see how we respond to this.

Obviously the defense is the primary reason we lost the game. But the offense was not its clinical self. Right out of the gate we give away 4 points in the penalty in the red zone. We go away from the first down run game despite the success we were having there. Hartman stares down his receivers multiple times. With the game on the line we don’t even look to Roberson but throw to the opposite side of the field into coverage. Disappointing day all around.

We know the defense is atrocious and we know we have to be damn near perfect offensively. What sucks is that we stopped ourselves more than UNC stopping us.

On to basketball…unless Clawson makes changes on Defense we will likely lose out. Good to great …my ass.

Obviously the defense is the primary reason we lost the game. But the offense was not its clinical self. Right out of the gate we give away 4 points in the penalty in the red zone. We go away from the first down run game despite the success we were having there. Hartman stares down his receivers multiple times. With the game on the line we don’t even look to Roberson but throw to the opposite side of the field into coverage. Disappointing day all around.

We know the defense is atrocious and we know we have to be damn near perfect offensively. What sucks is that we stopped ourselves more than UNC stopping us.

Jesus lord they scored 55!!!!!!

Clawson speaking to Stan, some loose quotes:

Felt a lot like last year, high scoring, took a lead into 4th and couldn't hold onto it. Didn't make enough plays, especially on defense

On Penalties - awful, killers

On onside kick last chance - second half couldn't get off the field and played really poorly on defense, unfortunately it has been a theme playing Carolina and a few games this year

On the physical nature of game - physical game, we came out of it pretty banged up. We have to reconfigure next week

we have been in some shootouts this year, at some point we have to get a stop and we didn't

On next week - big game, we faced adversity for the first itme and we have to bounce back, sure we will do that

My note - I have never heard Clawson that distraught.

We can go on and do great things but everything is tainted by this turd burger.

Yep. Even if we finish 13-1, UNC fans can brag that Mack cost Wake a shot at a national championship.

Little chance at losing out but these defensive issues have been glaring for years.

Remember all of the articles in the off-season hyping the depth of this defense?

50+ to Army and UNC. LOL

Back