• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake at Rice, Friday, 9/6

I'll go 44-10. A special team TD. Carney for 100 yds, Newman for 400 passing. Rice will have zero return yds. I'm flying in Friday morning, heading to Austin Saturday morning, flying home Sunday morning with my luggage filled with Brisket rub mixes.

Wake 44-13. Rice is garbage and our offense should again expose them.

The big question is what Rice's secondary is going to be able to do against our passing game. They had all summer to prepare for Army's option offense and the front seven availed themselves well. Army only threw the ball 8 times total. Rice didn't have great coverage but at the same time they were primarily committed to stopping the run. Again, they were pretty disciplined up front so our offensive line could have a challenge on their hands. We just have no idea based on what has happened on the field how Rice's pass defense will stack up - last year they were the sixth worst pass defense in the nation though (69th NICE rush offense). So even if they're decently improved they're still not going to be a top 70 pass defense without big changes overall.

If Rice scores 20 points against us in what amounts to a close game (our starters are in the whole game and garbage time doesn't start early) or without a defensive/ST touchdown or two (or winning the turnover margin by 3-4 total) I think we're in for a world of hurt this season overall and the defense needs vast improvement. I've said it several times but Rice's offense was total trash against Army.

I like Wake up 24-7 or so at the half and I'll take the Deacs 41-17.

I like Wake up 24-7 or so at the half and I'll take the Deacs 41-17.

I like the pick, I'll go a little higher scoring and say 45-21. HOT night in H-town, lots of points.

Total has also gone up three points since offshore open so wiseguys expecting a high-scoring game

Last edited:
I'll go 44-10. A special team TD. Carney for 100 yds, Newman for 400 passing. Rice will have zero return yds. I'm flying in Friday morning, heading to Austin Saturday morning, flying home Sunday morning with my luggage filled with Brisket rub mixes.

Isn’t a lot of Texas brisket just salt and pepper?

Isn’t a lot of Texas brisket just salt and pepper?
I found a steak rub, the last time I was down there, from a place called Perini's ranch (west of Dallas). The recipe for it is in it's cookbook. I'm looking to strike gold again. I'll get some ideas talking to Texans at the tailgates there.

Wake 27-21

We score 38 against a good USU defense and think we’ll only get 27 vs Rice? Really?

I’m thinking more like 42-17 and almost everybody gets to play. Our skill players will have a big night.

Back