• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2017-Regional Champs! On to Supers!

It's an attempt to deny that they were actually beaten. They simply beat themselves. All mental games. If Davidson could defeat UNC 2x, anything is possible

Maybe I'm late to the game here, but anyone else see the quote from Mazey after the first game yesterday? Les had it on twitter and, when talking about his pitcher who went 4.2 in the early game to close it out said something to the effect of "he's a senior and not a pro prospect, so we may throw him again tonight."

seems similar to the Davidson pitcher who beat UNC Friday (they did have the foresight to pull him after 6 innings up 8-1) and then came back and closed them out Sunday

5th-year senior going to pharmacy school next fall; what is he saving his arm for at this point?

This nonsense always kills me. "We went into the game with the wrong mindset." WTF? What kind of competitor goes into what is essentially a championship game with a WGAF attitude? That's nothing more that UF's fear over losing again. Fuck them.

Take a valium. As for 'What kind of competitor..."...they're college kids playing a team their program had not lost to in all 31 meetings in series history. We don't see it as much at Wake because we don't traditionally dominate....anyone. We've certainly laid some eggs in basketball by coming out lazy against so-called "lower tier" opponents.

I'd hate to be a college coach. Maturing one group only to see them leave and teach the next set of knuckleheads.

seems similar to the Davidson pitcher who beat UNC Friday (they did have the foresight to pull him after 6 innings up 8-1) and then came back and closed them out Sunday

5th-year senior going to pharmacy school next fall; what is he saving his arm for at this point?

Yep, before their conference tourney, that same Davidson senior pitcher told the coach that he would pitch as much as needed in the conference tournament as pro baseball is not an option, and he wanted to leave it all on the field. Guess he is doing that.

The rest of his life?

It's not like his arm is literally going to fall off. Rest for a couple of weeks, and he will be ready for the company coed softball team.

Take a valium. As for 'What kind of competitor..."...they're college kids playing a team their program had not lost to in all 31 meetings in series history. We don't see it as much at Wake because we don't traditionally dominate....anyone. We've certainly laid some eggs in basketball by coming out lazy against so-called "lower tier" opponents.

I'd hate to be a college coach. Maturing one group only to see them leave and teach the next set of knuckleheads.
Thanks for the medical advice.

Ok, so we won our regional, UNC gets swept by Davidson, is there any way under the sun we could get lucky enough for Bethune to beat UF a second day in a row and we get to host them in the super? I'm not sure we'd know how to handle that level of good fortune.
We would handle it by getting beat by Bethune-Cookman.

This nonsense always kills me. "We went into the game with the wrong mindset." WTF? What kind of competitor goes into what is essentially a championship game with a WGAF attitude? That's nothing more that UF's fear over losing again. Fuck them.

hqdefault.jpg

fwiw. florida's strength this year is pitching and defense. at times they have struggled hitting. the announcers were saying that their biggest problem is that due to their lack of hitting, other teams will stay in games.

We are all probably pulling for B-Cookman as hard as their fans are. How yuge would it be to host a Super Regional? Dunshee, Johnstone, series over, off to Omaha.

Just watched the last out of Davidson v. UNC. Have not seen the play at the plate.

LMAO that the UNC coaching staff, and players, completely epitomize the UNC douchiness and whining uncontrollably, to a T.

It was hilarious and pathetic all at once.

Just watched the last out of Davidson v. UNC. Have not seen the play at the plate.

LMAO that the UNC coaching staff, and players, completely epitomize the UNC douchiness and whining uncontrollably, to a T.

Davidson's website has a nice video highlight package of last night's game, including a clear view of the tag at home

The whining and bitching was actually worse after the play at the plate. I, unashamedly, turned from the Wake game while we were batting up 4 runs to watch the end of the UNC game. My hot take: there was absolutely nothing to complain about on either play- UNC was just shocked they were about to drop 2 games to Davidson. On the first play, the outfielder made a great throw, the baserunner tried to avoid the catcher and went too far wide, and didn't touch the plate. He was clearly tagged while trying to get up and touch home. The Carolina players and fans reacted horribly. The whole UNC bench, including the clearly out player, were little bitches. On the final play, there was less to complain about. It was close because of how long it took to get the pitcher covering first the ball, and how quickly he had to catch and tag first, but it didn't look all that close. Just UNC fans being the entitled assclowns they are.

Back