• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Cuse game on Time Warner Channel 519

Don't have the sports tier, but the channel shows up fine. Hope it works come game time.

The schedule of events on channel 519 states "Available for sports pass subscribers." The sports pass cost is $4.95/month and includes:

ESPN Classic
ESPN Goal line HD (college game day continuous highlights)
NHL network HD
YES network (Yankees)
NESN (Red Sox and New England sports)
Fox college sports Atlantic, Central and Pacific
Fox Soccer Plus
CBS college sports HD
Big Ten network HD
Outdoor channel HD
Tennis channel
FUEL

Last edited:
I confirmed with TW that with my sports tier I'm good to go.

Very excited!

I confirmed with TW that with my sports tier I'm good to go.

Very excited!

Just got off the phone with TWC. Those clowns don't know their ass from their elbow. I first requested to purchase the $4.95 sports package, only to be told channel 519 isnt included in that deal. I asked her what my other options are and she tells me to buy the $130 ESPN game day package. In an act of idocy and desperation i tell her to sign me up. I'm put on hold for 10 minutes only to be re directed to a man telling me that the ESPN game day package isn't showing the game either and no one in the dash is going to be able to see it. I told him the cancel anything I'd just signed up for and I would call him back with a final plan. So i guess the question is, should i disregard what the time warner shit heads told me and go with the 5 dollar sports package, or try to stream in on ESPN3?

Soo, 1) TWC customers in the Triad need to subscribe to a package to get ESPN3 and 2) it may be $4.95 or it may be $130 and TWC can't even clarify this? What a cluster f.

I don't know about this game specifically but I thought that if something was on ESPN3, TWC subscribers should be able to access it online. At least I've never had a problem with the service.

Right now, WFU vs. SU is listed as an exclusive for 8pm on ESPN3's website (or WatchESPN, whatever they're calling it now).

Yep, I'm getting pretty tired of these fools. Im assuming everyone is sticking with the initial plan of purchasing the 5 dollar package?

In today's W-S Journal article about the Deacs, it says that the game will be televised on TWC channel 519, a special events channel. You have to purchase the Sports Pass for $4.95, but it can be ordered instantly w/ your remote control.

I don't know about this game specifically but I thought that if something was on ESPN3, TWC subscribers should be able to access it online. At least I've never had a problem with the service.

Right now, WFU vs. SU is listed as an exclusive for 8pm on ESPN3's website (or WatchESPN, whatever they're calling it now).

I thought that was the case until i talked to those guys. The ESPN3 route is probably what I'll end up doin. At least this way I know i wont be the only pissed off fan.

I've never heard of ESPN3 limiting your choices based on whether or not you have a $5 sports package. I could easily be wrong about this though.

Also, I feel that I should point out, just in case people don't know/haven't used the service.

YOU HAVE TO REGISTER FOR ESPN3 WITH YOUR TWC ACCOUNT INFORMATION. Registering and logging in takes a little while so DON'T WAIT UNTIL GAMETIME TO TRY AND START USING THE SERVICE. You need to get a TWC bill and use the information to register, wait for an email, activate the account etc. Do this now so you'll be ready to go when the game actually starts.

In today's W-S Journal article about the Deacs, it says that the game will be televised on TWC channel 519, a special events channel. You have to purchase the Sports Pass for $4.95, but it can be ordered instantly w/ your remote control.

So is that per month thereafter? Can I just cancel after the game and pay only $ 4.95 x 1? And can I do this also via my remote control, or is cancelling much, much more difficult?

People with experience, please address.

So is that per month thereafter? Can I just cancel after the game and pay only $ 4.95 x 1? And can I do this also via my remote control, or is cancelling much, much more difficult?

People with experience, please address.

yeah, you could do that if you just wanted to watch this game. just call a local TWC number and ask for customer retention or canceling services. shouldn't be terribly difficult aside from dealing with one representative.

There are so many worse games being televised. this sucks!!!! directv isnt planning to pick the game up are they?

Thanks for the link and the info folks. One way or another this will come together. If not im going to request play by play updates!

So I have the sports tier and I can see channel 519 in the on-screen guide, but as of this morning it still just said "special events" without any specific mention of this game. Can other people actually see the game listed on the guide like any other channel?

I have no sports package, just digital and HD TV package. If it doesn't show up on 519 tonight, I'm going to stream it via Internet ESPN3. I'd be happy to pay 5 bucks or more to watch it on TV as a one-time ppv, but don't want to have to sign up for some monthly service/fee and then go through the hassle of canceling.

Registering now through TWC for ESPN3 access...sort of a pain...thanks for the advice to do it early.

espn3 is not a television channel. you access it on www.espn3.com. To log in you have to be a subscriber to a qualifying cable provider, such as Time Warner.

Apparently, you also have the choice of paying an extra $5 a month or so to get channel 519, which is not ESPN3, it's just a way for TW to get extra money out of you if you don't want to or can't figure out how to watch on your computer.

Back