• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Cuse game on Time Warner Channel 519

Connor - I'm pretty sure you can just add the sports tier for one month and then drop it. I remember asking that a few years ago when I added it because we played Navy on CSTV and they told me I could do that. I ended up not dropping it because I realized that I get more use out of those channels for $5 than I do the majority of my other channels that I pay like $75 for.

Hmm...Maybe I'll try it and see. Just hate to sign up and then decide to cancel. Dealing with TWC can be a PITA.

Either way, I'm registering for ESPN3 access.

Thanks for all the advice.

I've never heard of ESPN3 limiting your choices based on whether or not you have a $5 sports package. I could easily be wrong about this though.

Also, I feel that I should point out, just in case people don't know/haven't used the service.

YOU HAVE TO REGISTER FOR ESPN3 WITH YOUR TWC ACCOUNT INFORMATION. Registering and logging in takes a little while so DON'T WAIT UNTIL GAMETIME TO TRY AND START USING THE SERVICE. You need to get a TWC bill and use the information to register, wait for an email, activate the account etc. Do this now so you'll be ready to go when the game actually starts.

Good info. Thanks.

Just spoke with somebody from TWC as well. You don't have to pay the $5 for channel 519 unless you don't want to connect your computer/laptop to your tv. As for 519, the game will likely not appear listed in the on screen guide, so don't worry about that. It will always just say special events. If i remember correctly from last years State game, there are no commercials. The camera just stays on the field and you can actually listen to the commentators talking "off camera". Which is kind of funny, especially if they are busting on a player or fans or something.

Looks like 101.1FM WZTK is no longer carrying Wake games this year. Greensboro, High Point, and Winston will be served by WIST 98.3FM. Hopefully, this info is still accurate. Does anyone know any differently?

98.1 from Galax appears to remain as the flagship station, but I don't get that very well in Greensboro.

Do you really have to pay $4.95 to access TWC channel 519?

Last edited:
4.95 is for the entire sports package, I know 2 of the channels that are included are Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus, among several others. FYI, I just checked my TW listings for Channel 519 and it does show that Wake vs Syracuse will be on at 8. I checked a few hours ago and it still mentioned "Special Events" so it must have just updated recently.

IOdeac, the on screen guide said Wake game at 8, or on the screen was a static image showing upcoming games and it listed wake tonight?

Anybody have a Comcast account so I can get 360 here in Canada?

I can't resign myself to miss the first game of the year...

IOdeac, the on screen guide said Wake game at 8, or on the screen was a static image showing upcoming games and it listed wake tonight?

Ummm...the onscreen guide shows "check back for special events" for every time slot until 8 PM. The timeslot for 8 PM shows "College Football" as the title. Wake Forest at Syracuse.

Ummm...the onscreen guide shows "check back for special events" for every time slot until 8 PM. The timeslot for 8 PM shows "College Football" as the title. Wake Forest at Syracuse.

They must have just updated it, cause it didn't show that earlier in the week.

Cool, hopefully mine will show the same when I get home. I assume you're running Gascan TWC as well?

Great, just found out I've already got the sports tier needed. Never heard of half the extra channels but cool!

+1 Someone help the Deacs that live outside the US!

Go to espn3 and click on watch now. It'll take you to the screen and ask you for your service provider. Choose AT&T. It'll then ask you for AT&T user name and password. If you don't have one, create an @att.net email account for free. Once that's done, try the steps over again and enter your newly created att user name and password. That should work.

Go to espn3 and click on watch now. It'll take you to the screen and ask you for your service provider. Choose AT&T. It'll then ask you for AT&T user name and password. If you don't have one, create an @att.net email account for free. Once that's done, try the steps over again and enter your newly created att user name and password. That should work.

Aaaaannnd it works! Nice!

Should've mentioned that when I called TWC, the customer service rep said he'd been getting calls all day about the sports pass tier of channels, way beyond the ordinary number. He was not in NC so I explained about Wake being in Winston and people in Greensboro and W-S inquiring about the game.

Good job Deacon fans!!

Back