• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake - Dook Game Thread

No students. No fans after years of people wasting money watching Bzz Ball.

Most of your alumni moves away. Local townie fans are forced to root for the school in spite of their day-to-day interaction with your students.

Whatcha expect?

It will get better. Bz killed fan support. Efforts like tonight and hopefully some wins will start drawing fans back in.

Another shout-out to our new "foundation". Wellman must be apoplectic.

Devin, holy hell you are playing the best of your college career, shut the fuck up after every play. Emotion is fine, but you literally complain every play and it's distracting for your teammates who have to calm you down to avoid a T

Tonight I don't blame him, he didn't get one foul called on multiple inside moves while Oakfor got bailed out time and time again. He completely outplayed the guy and got very little offensive help beyond Crabtree

Manning with the total Coach K post-game handshake blow off...love it.

Not a terrible game - good effort, decent final score.

These guys have started playing really fucking hard. If Coach Manning can continue to get that kind of effort, we will end up being good next year.

I hate losing but I'm very happy with the way this team is playing.
Huge improvement in the past few weeks

Tonight I don't blame him, he didn't get one foul called on multiple inside moves while Oakfor got bailed out time and time again. He completely outplayed the guy and got very little offensive help beyond Crabtree

It still doesn't mean that his negative reactions help the team. When it's an exciting score, sure. But when he literally has a meltdown and keeps at it with the ref, talking to himself, it is not helpful to his teammates. Focus on the next play, not the last.

If a couple of threes drop, who knows what would have happened?

With some more bodies, we will be very good.

Our guys executed well, our coaches coached well, and we played with heart for all 40 minutes.

Hell yes.

It's been so long since we've been able to say this too. I can't wait to see this team continue to improve over the rest of the season. The real test will be after Jan 20th, which was the high water mark of pretty much every season under [ ].

Codi still can't make a shot beyond 10 feet. It would be comical if he didn't play for Wake.

One of the doofi tweeted that you could hear Devin's wrist get slapped from the upper deck, and that Devin had 24 points in the paint with zero FTAs. Mind blowing.

These guys have started playing really fucking hard. If Coach Manning can continue to get that kind of effort, we will end up being good next year.

He also MUST find shooters. That was clearly the difference in tonight's game.

Back