• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake - Dook Game Thread

Good point. Getting up for Duke is one thing, getting up for BC or VT is something else.
We'll see but IMO the beauty of focusing on defense is that it's not as subject to that sort of thing and creates more of a sense of "team". So far they learned it helps them stay competitive. The next step is to learn it's how to win.

2-13 from 3. Ouch.

I'm happy we only shot 13 after starting 0-8. We essentially stopped shooting from deep once the game got close. That's good discipline and good coaching.

We get as many good shots as any team I've seen this year.

Really interested in seeing how we play Saturday. Playing our third game in 7 days, with two of the games against number 5 and number 2, if we play well I will give Manning some serious kudos.

I'm happy we only shot 13 after starting 0-8. We essentially stopped shooting from deep once the game got close. That's good discipline and good coaching.

And yet the box score has Wake's starting lineup down for a scant 9 FTAs. Hilarious.

Cornelius had two nice threes, and MW was smothered anytime he got an open look. Dinos, IMHO, has to knock down open threes. Darius as well, but especially Dinos since he seems to get more looks. 4-13 instead of 2-13 would have made for a very close game and we had every opportunity to sink one or two more outside buckets...

Great effort, but agree with others that moral victories won't do us much good for the rest of the season. I'm still very excited about WF B-Ball and think DM is coaching his ass off. Go Deacs!

Devin had a great game, but give Codi some credit. He had 13 points, 9 boards, 8 assists, and a wicked dunk. I know he has his troubles shooting, but I hate to think where we'd be without him.

Why don't you put a hyphen between Winston and Salem, Townie?

Townie said that he doesn't have final editorial control.

That doesn't mean it wasn't my fault. Rereading it and there are several edit errors on my part. Alas. The sentiment remains.

I was at game. It seems REFS swollowed whistle on our end last couple of minutes and not Duke end. We still should have lost. I was suprised to see CMM continually looking for his shot when we were plus or minus one. He killed several rallies with bad shots followed by Duke big plays.

Back