• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Anyone tailgating today? Would love to stop by and say hi!
Fyi: the 'brews, bats and bites' at the football stadium might qualify as the worst WFU event of all-time. It was hilariously bad.

P.s. I'm attending a wedding at 5:00. I plan on faking a bathroom trip around 5:20 and hoping nobody notices.

Fyi: the 'brews, bats and bites' at the football stadium might qualify as the worst WFU event of all-time. It was hilariously bad.

P.s. I'm attending a wedding at 5:00. I plan on faking a bathroom trip around 5:20 and hoping nobody notices.
I’ve got a cocktail reception and dinner starting at 8 for my cousins wedding. I fully plan on just standing by the bar collecting drinks and discreetly listening to Stan on one of my AirPods. Rhett Lowder Day needs to be celebrated wherever one is.

I have no evidence to support this but I’d imagine Mascolo is definitely better than the third starter for most 3/4 seeds and may even be on par with second starters for plenty

Man Oklahoma -2.5 over army was absolutely free money. Louisiana up 7-3 in the fifth. Our fighting -3.5 run line.

rough math but with a win today, and we have a 90+% chance of advancing (70% chance of winning each game, which is almost certainly conservative based on the opponent being worn out and our 76% win percentage in acc play)

a loss, and i’m have us at 40% to advance (if we go with mascolo in the next game), 90% and then around 67-68% for the following two games.

if we start hartle against gmu, i drop the probability to 33% to advance, with estimates game win probabilities at 95%, 70% and 50%.

so yeah, winning today is critical.

rough math but with a win today, and we have a 90+% chance of advancing (70% chance of winning each game, which is almost certainly conservative based on the opponent being worn out and our 76% win percentage in acc play)

a loss, and i’m have us at 40% to advance (if we go with mascolo in the next game), 90% and then around 67-68% for the following two games.

if we start hartle against gmu, i drop the probability to 33% to advance, with estimates game win probabilities at 95%, 70% and 50%.

And_I_Took_That_Personally.jpg
wcd said keener wasn’t an acc caliber point guard !
Keener to WCD’s comments about his ability:

And that's why you start Mascalo against GMU if it comes to that.....but it won't since we are winning tonight and pulling for GMU tomorrow.

I'm about 2,000 miles away. Channel for tonight's game? Would love to watch on my laptop.

if you are in the losers bracket, they are all must-win games. the question is whether you would rather go with mascolo in a must-win game vs gmu or in a must-win game vs maryland.
I get that and bad communication on my part but point being in any game before forcing a final winner take all game you don’t want to go with a lesser pitcher IMHO.

Back