• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Four of the six parks that are oriented southward are known to be toward the top of the list of windiest ballparks (Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee and Texas). Their orientation may have been designed to minimize the effect of the prevailing winds, which may also be the reason for the orientation of Schwab Field. This also makes Left Field the so called "Sun Field", where as RF is traditionally known as such (the last part of the field to be engulfed in shadow).

I have to say that was an interesting dive into the history of ballpark orientations, at least for me
I thought you were not allowed to discuss orientation in Florida anymore. Pretty sure they passed a law against that.

the fact that we have a big pitching advantage, on paper, coupled with the fact that LSU has a generational pitcher who could go on Thursday (I get that he might not...) has me very, very nervous for tonight. Come on offense.

The amount of time's they reference things being "gay" or "homo" in a negative way on tiger droppings is unreal. It truly is a step back in time going over there. Reading comprehension levels tap out around 5th grade over there also.
I did get told to STTDB which I guess..fair.

The amount of time's they reference things being "gay" or "homo" in a negative way on tiger droppings is unreal. It truly is a step back in time going over there. Reading comprehension levels tap out around 5th grade over there also.

did you tell them that Tommy White is white trash, and we're afraid their first base coach is going to eat somebody?

Whatever you do, don't go to the politics section there. I checked it out when their football stadium put in a vaccine mandate out of morbid curiosity, and it's one of the most openly racist places I've come across on the internet.

Lots of chatter here re: sun, shade, etc....which I get.

Monday's sky was clear and without a trace of clouds. Right now it's very overcast here in Omaha. Hope it stays like that...
Dkin, I thought you came back to NC? Good man! Pull us through.

Well i found the MLB data on fangraphs, along with the history. They referenced FindMyShadow.com which allowed me to plot the sun position. Then i screen grabbed from Google Maps the Schwab field picture, overlayed that into FindmyShadow and "built" the obstructions (stadium) to cast the shadows.

I think this internet thing has a chance of catching on.

I'm just here to serve the people
Goddamn the internet is amazing.

I was at an LSU football game a few years ago and they were pounding the other team and in the 4th quarter one of the opposing fans stood up and tried to get a chant going with his fellow fans. Considering the score, it was kind of funny. The LSU fans - hundreds of them sitting near- responded with their own chant of "Sit Down F (homophobic slur). I'm all for a little heckling at a football game, but that was gross. With that in mind, let's kick some Tiger ass tonight.

Back