• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball - '23-24 Schedule Thread

Field of 68 ranked all the challenge matchups.

11. Florida at Wake Forest (Nov. 29, 7:15 pm ET)​

The Gators brought in two dynamite mid-major guards in Zyon Pullin (UC Riverside) and Walter Clayton Jr (Iona) to ease the pressure on rising wings Riley Kugel and Will Richard. Feels like they’ll overwhelm this Wake roster.​

Field of 68 ranked all the challenge matchups.

11. Florida at Wake Forest (Nov. 29, 7:15 pm ET)​

The Gators brought in two dynamite mid-major guards in Zyon Pullin (UC Riverside) and Walter Clayton Jr (Iona) to ease the pressure on rising wings Riley Kugel and Will Richard. Feels like they’ll overwhelm this Wake roster.​
TJDK

it is kind of funny that we are playing three games in Charleston and then Charleston Southern is coming up to Winston-Salem a week later

So UGA, FL, RU, and maybe 1 decent team in the CH Classic? 4 tier 2 non con games. Could be worse. Maybe 1 ends up tier 1

Not a perfect comp, but last year we only played 2 of these awful games: Beat #345 SC State 105-74; Beat #351 Hampton 97-70.

The previous year, we played 2 teams that ended up sub-300, but there were 5 terrible teams scheduled (William & Mary, Western Carolina, Charleston Southern, NC A&T, and USC Upstate).

I thought the lesson from that year (where we finished 25-10) was that we didn't beat anyone. Feels like that could still be an issue this year (though I guess the other non-conference games are better than they were that year - Oregon St, LSU, Northwestern).

I just want to know if the ACC opener is going to be on the road for the 10th straight season.

(ACC typically releases its schedule in September)

This is too many shitty games... I am surprised.

Elon - KP#337
Charleston Southern - KP#302
NJIT - KP#330
Delaware State - KP#356
Presbyterian - KP#344

Maybe they are counting on a couple of those teams (Elon and Charleston Southern) to be better, but playing teams rated 300 or below just crush a team's strength of schedule. Better to not play anyone rather than play those teams; seriously, WF would be better off playing an unrated D2 or NAIA team which would not count than playing a handful of 300 or below teams. Really don't understand the thinking as there are so many schools near to WF that it's not hard to avoid playing bottom rung teams.

Play:

#148 UNCA
#168 Radford
#169 Longwood
#181 Apps
#186 NC Central
#194 Norfolk State
#203 Queens
#204 Gardner-Webb
#226 Campbell
#230 Mercer
#232 Wofford
#236 WCU (WF should play WCU every year as long as J Gray is the HC)
#244 Winthrop
#254 USC Upstate

Conor, I wanted to make fun of Duke for a weak non-conference where they (again) play nobody on the road (aside from being forced to play @Arkansas)... But this is much worse.

This is really, really disappointing. At least we’ll have a decent W/L record but it’s going to be an uphill battle to make the tourney with this.

Back