• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball - '23-24 Schedule Thread

Towson loses a lot off last year's team. Not clear if they will be decent or not. Same with North Texas.

My guess is North Texas stinks this year. The coach is gone as well as a lot of that veteran talent.

Yeah, Mean Joe Greene ain’t walking through that door for North Texas.

We need fans to buy tickets. There's a large NY contingent down there.

And Cremins.

And I think back in the day the NY Knicks did camp in Charleston.
I doubt any of those New Yorkers will even know the Johnnies are playing that day.

I'm planning on being there. Love that we can watch basketball, find a bar oh Saturday to watch Deacs at ND, then hopefully play for the championship on Sunday. Could set up for the greatest regular season Wake sports weekend of all time if we pull a miracle in South Bend, and beat some top programs in Charleston.

Just a quick peak on the difference between pro and college level of play and maybe a little pushback on the notion that Klintman won’t face solid competition in the ABL (Houston will be a top 5 team in 2023-4):

“The Australian National Team --- ranked No. 3 in the latest FIBA World Rankings --- tops Houston 99-65.

23 for LJ Cryer. 11 for Temple transfer Damian Dunn.”

Just a quick peak on the difference between pro and college level of play and maybe a little pushback on the notion that Klintman won’t face solid competition in the ABL (Houston will be a top 5 team in 2023-4):

“The Australian National Team --- ranked No. 3 in the latest FIBA World Rankings --- tops Houston 99-65.

23 for LJ Cryer. 11 for Temple transfer Damian Dunn.”

The Australian National team has more NBA players than NBL players. This was a warm up game for the FIBA World Cup. I don’t know who played but the picture I saw from the game was of Josh Giddey.

Australians can hoop. Giddey is a stud…. He came out of the Australian Basketball League

Sure. But playing against several NBA players, some of whom came out of NBL (it's the National Basketball League, not Australian Basketball League) is very different than playing an NBL team which may not have any NBA level players.

Current NBA stars Josh Giddey (Oklahoma City Thunder), Patty Mills (Brooklyn Nets) and Matisse Thybulle (Portland Trail Blazers) as well as former NBA star Dante Exum were some of the players competing for the Australian National Team on Wednesday.

As they prepare for the upcoming FIBA World Cup later this month, the Boomers did not wear numbers on their jerseys so individual statistics were not available.

We better not end up with Utah, Towson and North Texas.
We need a 3-0 badly out of Charleston tourney to help the net/rpi or whatever. But beating Utah and Houston would also help if we lose in finals.

glad to see some of you are going. will be making the trip. my usual travel partners are all out of town or committed to something else, so i should have an extra ticket unless their plans change.

Based on recent history we’re probably a week or so away from the ACC schedule being announced.

Atlantic 10 schedule is out today, so ACC can't be far behind.

Back