• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball - '23-24 Schedule Thread

I saw the 12th as release date, but that was on X so who knows.

I saw the 12th as release date, but that was on X so who knows.
Consistent with last year as the ACC dropped the 2022-23 conference basketball schedule on Tuesday September 13th.

Last edited:
Any word on which SEC team we'll be playing in an October charity game?

No confirmation, but Auburn seems to be the most likely candidate given the connection between Forbes and Pearl.

Agreed.

The more days we get without confirmation, the more likely it feels like it ain't gonna happen.

I assume the charity is an SEC program agreeing to play a lowly ACC team.

Last edited:
WF hoop is taking a field trip to DC in October. In addition to visiting the Capitol and White House, the trip will include a scrimmage against Ed Cooley's G'town team.

I have no doubt that Georgetown will be improved with Cooley as the head coach, but Forbes was a little heavy in his praise of their team.

If we don't absolutely wax whatever hodge podge of a roster Cooley has cobbled together for year 1, we aren't going to be very good this year.

Georgetown players:
Ish Massoud (!)
Supreme Cook !!! (Fairfield)
Dontrez Styles (UNC)
Rowan Brumbaugh (Texas)
Jayden Epps (Illinois)
Donovan Grant (Oregon State)

That's a fun roster. Wish we could watch that game.

Two months out from hoops...

7ycdy1.jpg

Is Reid allowed to play in the scrimmage if he hasn't been cleared to play in real games by then?

WF's charity exhibition opponent is not Arkansas or Tennessee:

Is there anything in particular delaying the schedule? Arena conflicts? That’s less than 6 weeks before Wake’s non-con starts.

Is there anything in particular delaying the schedule? Arena conflicts? That’s less than 6 weeks before Wake’s non-con starts.
No, the NBA and NHL schedules are already released, but that only affects a handful of ACC teams (and college teams) in general. Seems like it's just ESPN/FOX trying to push these releases out as far as they possibly can. Guess we should be "honored" they don't schedule it like Football, on a month-to-month/week-to-week basis. 🙄

Back