• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

This kid is going to bring his accent across the pond and kill it with the ladies. Hope he's half as successful on the court as off it.

If we take 5 guys this cycle then my guess is either Wilkins or Adams would transfer out. Any chance Wilkins could graduate after this season and find a home as a GT? Obviously it's shitty for a fan to speculate about a player transferring who wants to play for us but if we take 5 then it's worth the discussion. If I hadn't heard so many positive comments on Tariq Ingraham then I'd say he's a possibility but we need bigs.

Wilkins was already run off by a newly hired coach @ VT, it would be tough to see that happen to him twice (esp since he's a local kid)

Not sure why anyone wants to speculate who will be pushed out. Certainly likely someone(s) will leave on their own. That will work itself out.

Thank god we've finally got a real coach.

Wilkins was already run off by a newly hired coach @ VT, it would be tough to see that happen to him twice (esp since he's a local kid)

Agreed, I’m just trying to figure out where all of these minutes will come from. I wish Wilkins the best. Maybe he will surprise me but after this season I don’t see him getting the kind of minutes he will want.

Not sure why anyone wants to speculate who will be pushed out. Certainly likely someone(s) will leave on their own. That will work itself out.

Thank god we've finally got a real coach.

I didn’t bring it up to speculate who would be pushed out. I just think it’s obvious Forbes wants his guys. If we take 5 in this class then it’s even clearer that he wants his guys and wants them now. Adams, Wilkins and Ingraham are 3 manning guys who haven’t proven anything. I imagine if someone transfers it’ll be one of those guys. That’s the last I’ll say about it because I agree that it’s wrong to discuss at this point.

Not taking a shot at anyone creamy. Just excited to be excited and optimistic again. Everything else will work itself out. Keep bringing the heat Forbes (and staff)!

Oh for sure! The vibes have returned stronger than ever. Can’t wait to see what happens next

Whitt, McCray and Killa Cam is gonna be a scary backcourt in a few years.

If the last few seasons were not enough the last week has exposed DFL for the coaching fraud he was and is.

NCAA announced that Basketball starts Nov 24. This year will be a tough one for Wake, but looks like things will get better soon.

Katz announced his top 20 returnees. If he had returned, Wake would most likely have had Sarr on there. Alas.

NCAA announced that Basketball starts Nov 24. This year will be a tough one for Wake, but looks like things will get better soon.

Katz announced his top 20 returnees. If he had returned, Wake would most likely have had Sarr on there. Alas.

It won’t be that tough. Will be better than all but 1 Manning year and better than all of Bz. Winning season very realistic.

I think we will surprise people this year.

I think Wake fans will be surprised. Forbes is going to demand defense and I expect pressure D and ball denial will be stressed. Pressure on the ball and pressure to deny the pass. Anyone who fails to transition from offense to defense quickly will find a seat. No excuses. No slack. Coaches don't win 70+% of the time tolerating defensive shortcomings. Forbes has made it clear D is a priority.

He was dealt a bad hand with the pandemic and no campus visits. So glad that McCray, Whitt, and now Hildreth have opted for MSD! Feels like the coaching change momentum could have easily been squandered by these limitations and we'd have to convince people solely via improved play with a limited lineup. I can't wait to see these guys getting it done.

Here's what I want to see this year.

A team that competes.
A team that plays D
A team that's noticeably better In Feb/Mar than it was in Nov/Dec
Finally, a team that makes me pay attention to when their next game is.

He won’t. He’s a role player off the bench who will get minutes here and there as needed. He was ok at VT and will be ok at Wake. He is not a ‘project’.

Back