• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

AJ Williams is a CB and he is committed.

With Rucker and DeBerry likely about to commit, thats bringing in 3 CBs without any seniors graduating and Byrd and Grate coming back off injury as well as Dicks, Taylor, Alston, Keith, and Woulard also returning. I know Henderson and and Bassey will be graduating in a year but we still have "depth" without bringing in 3 commits.

Which is why I said it feels like there may be some attrition that we do not know about yet.

I think if Kevon Glenn or Trey Rucker wants to come on down that Mays would be offered the opportunity to transfer.

Mays was honored on senior night so the expectation is that he is gone. Per Les' story AJ Williams was recruited as a safety so we have no listed CB commits as of yet. Rucker is listed as a safety but these guys sometimes switch positions or like Coby Davis, who is listed as a safety but also plays nickel/corner. We do have a full slate of CB's coming back with 8 returning. It could be that Byrd's knee is not progressing as expected or we may have a transfer or two in there due to lack of playing time or the aforementioned personal issues, grades etc.

Mays, Hinton, Bateman will be gone. Doubt Laronde gets back but who knows. Willing to bet a wr like Isaiah Isaac see the writing on the wall with the likes of Groulx and Green. Bowers maybe

AJ Williams is a CB and he is committed.

With Rucker and DeBerry likely about to commit, thats bringing in 3 CBs without any seniors graduating and Byrd and Grate coming back off injury as well as Dicks, Taylor, Alston, Keith, and Woulard also returning. I know Henderson and and Bassey will be graduating in a year but we still have "depth" without bringing in 3 commits.

Which is why I said it feels like there may be some attrition that we do not know about yet.

Williams has said he expects to play S. Jeremiah Gray gave an interview that he would start at CB, but not sure how his injury will affect his availability this year. Either way, still plenty of room for Rucker and/or DeBerry.

I agree with Whocares (pos rep on first post). Grobe seemed oblivious to depth questions. Claw has his act together. Has he had one mid season position change?

I agree with Whocares (pos rep on first post). Grobe seemed oblivious to depth questions. Claw has his act together. Has he had one mid season position change?

Hmmmm... we had a safety switch to LB, and we swapped tackles (not that infrequent)

Neither coach ever lost 7 linebackers before, at one time.

I'm so excited for this particular early signing day, its gonna be awesome. I know that Groulx, Greene and Flowers are everyone's favorites, but I have a couple other guys whose tapes I really enjoyed, can't wait to see them in Old Gold and Black. Go Deacs.

I was pleasantly surprised with Kerns tape I saw recently.... He looked great running the ball with surprising shiftiness. Passing looked very accurate. Floated the ball a couple times but that should be easily fixed

Worried a little about interior DL.

A little? We only have 3 returning interior lineman. That means we’re 3.5 short. Either Cohen better haul some grad transfers in or switch to 3/4 next year because we have zero commits.

I hope Kerns comes in and tears it up, but I do have some concerns about the 6 interception game he had. I watched 2020 commit Griffis’s highlights and I was extremely impressed. I hope the coaches can fight off other programs throughout next year.

A little? We only have 3 returning interior lineman. That means we’re 3.5 short. Either Cohen better haul some grad transfers in or switch to 3/4 next year because we have zero commits.

Wrong. We have 3 commits and redshirted 3 DL last fall.

Wrong. We have 3 commits and redshirted 3 DL last fall.

I think he is drawing a distinction between DT amd DE's. Does seem like we have more DE's either on the team and committed at this point. We had some unexpected attrition with Bateman, the homesick FR from SC and Paris Black. Hope Big Mac commits

Last edited:
I think Tyler will most like switch back to d-tackle w the emergence of Allen (finally). Allen sure looks the part. I would definitely cast him as a d-end in my remake of longest yard.

Last edited:
Really hard to find solid interior D-lineman. Would like to see WF bring in a grad transfer there for depth and in case of injury, but it's not like they are easily available.

We’ve had two so far under Clawson.

Grobe brought in a 5th year DT from Ohio. He was quite good.

Back