• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

New update from Elite 11. We are down to 24 semi-finalists. Obvs top 11 make the finals.

This 247 writer had Brendon Clark as the #10 performer on the weekend. P f'n impressive and safe to say we have never had anyone this far in this event. As previously mentioned, he has now picked up offers from Tenn and Clempsun.

https://247sports.com/ContentGaller...-Two-Top-11-Performers-118713369/#118713369_1

ETA the final 12(?) finalists for Elite 11 has been released and Clark did not make it. Nice run though.

https://247sports.com/Article/Elite-11-Quarterbacks-2018-crop-released-118767687

Jamie Newman was an Elite 11 semifinalist also.

Point from Dekin that the QB pipeline is loaded is a great point.

Clawson has a good rapport w was. Didn't his mac qb make the NFL? Plus tennessee qbs he recruited

Clawson has a good rapport w was. Didn't his mac qb make the NFL? Plus tennessee qbs he recruited

hqdefault.jpg

Haha. Let me try that again now that I am not on my phone [stupid autocorrect]

When Clawson was at Bowling Green he had a pretty good QB who I thought went on to the NFL. I think the opposing QB in the MAC championship went to the NFL (not the Bowling Green QB). Matt Johnson broke his hip the next year, played for a bit in the CLF and is now a coach at Syracuse. But the foodie article in SI mentioned had commits from Taj Boyd and Bryce Petty in the same year, and so I think Clawson has a pretty good feel for recruiting QBs. I would be shocked if Wolford wasn't coaching in college in 3 years.

I agree. Wolford looks like the kinds kid who would be a great college coach.

Les, et al, we HAVE to get a leaked menu of the June Recruit Cookout! Rubs, types of steak, cuts of beef, and any new fangled dips? Clawson the Foodie could be our recruiting edge.

Can someone encourage Clawson to start tweeting about his food stops? Oh, I don't know, maybe the Wake Sports Marketing Dept?? This is an opportunity.

This is a great post, Spragoo. I completely agree on both suggestions.

Les, et al, we HAVE to get a leaked menu of the June Recruit Cookout! Rubs, types of steak, cuts of beef, and any new fangled dips? Clawson the Foodie could be our recruiting edge.

Can someone encourage Clawson to start tweeting about his food stops? Oh, I don't know, maybe the Wake Sports Marketing Dept?? This is an opportunity.

I know this isn’t serious, but when I was at Wake there was an annual cookout where the law school hired some random bbq master to come to campus and cater it. The bbq was good. But his on-site fried chicken was the best I have ever had. Get that guy!!

Back