• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest @ NC State Game Thread

This can't be understated. Manning rotates five players at the 1, 2, and 3. Four of them just lost the game. And he says his starting SF and highest rated recruit isn't helping the team.

What's his case for Wilbekin and Childress?

Wilbekin had 6 points in 55 minutes in the last two games. 2-14 shooting.

Childress is 17-55 in ACC play. Wilbekin is 15-45. Yes, they're shooting 31% and 33% from the field in ACC while each playing 27 mpg.

What's Chaundee doing that's so bad compared to that? 38% from the field in 16 mpg. He has ACC size and athleticism at SG and SF. He can play defense. Give him the minutes to work through it. This season is going nowhere. Playing Wilbekin and Thompson extended minutes is a dead end.

Good analysis

It’s really hard for me to believe this board is treating a coach like Manning like it treated a jack wagon like [Redacted]. Manning is working hard to improve the program. We have had a really tough year and much of that is on him, but a lot of these posts are just miserable.

This is what happens with an 8 year beat down fan base that cares.

This Chaundee thing is driving me crazy. This season is a lost cause. We need Chaundee to turn into a really good player for us if we want a chance of being good next year. Stop playing for wins this year and instead develop our young talent with in-game experience.

Sarr played pretty well at times in extended minutes tonight. The game is slowing down for him. Chaundee has so much talent and athleticism, but he needs minutes to improve. I just don’t understand what Manning is doing.

Same could be said for Melo, although he may not be as talented. At this point we have nothing to lose. Thompson provides basically nothing for the team, so let these other guys play instead.

I am just so frustrated by this season. Never have I felt this upset about Wake basketball. At least during [Redacted] years, we didn’t have talented players, so I didn’t have high hopes.

It’s really hard for me to believe this board is treating a coach like Manning like it treated a jack wagon like [Redacted]. Manning is working hard to improve the program. We have had a really tough year and much of that is on him, but a lot of these posts are just miserable.

Seriously? He may be a good dude but he is coaching worse than BZ at this point.

After watching last night's game, I came away thinking that we only have 2 dependable scorers in Crawford and Moore. Simply not enough reliable options. I like the minutes that Sarr is getting as it will accelerate his development next year. Would like to see Mitchell get more minutes as he was showing some real promise in December but now has disappeared. Have never been impressed with Wibekin's game and little Chill is throwing up far too many brick 3's. Not sure what to think of Keyshawn at this point and why he is having a much smaller impact than last year. Would love to see a lineup up Moore, Sarr, Mitchell, Chaundee and Crawford, and see what we get. Probably light on ballhandling but would be good to develop a nucleus for the next two years.

Tough to win in the ACC when you look at your team and see no future NBA players in your view.

While I would like to see Brown on the floor for a lot more minutes, I also don't know that I'd be so bullish on him if I didn't know he was a top 30ish recruit coming in.

His ball-handling needs work and he makes some really questionable passes. Maybe that is just stuff he needs more time on the court to work through, but they are glaring deficiencies right now.

While I would like to see Brown on the floor for a lot more minutes, I also don't know that I'd be so bullish on him if I didn't know he was a top 30ish recruit coming in.

His ball-handling needs work and he makes some really questionable passes. Maybe that is just stuff he needs more time on the court to work through, but they are glaring deficiencies right now.

Yeah the beginning of the game picking up his dribble for no reason at the top of the key, then making a bad pass resulting in a turnover for a fast break layup was not pretty. He just doesn't seem ready for the spotlight yet offensively. I would like to see him play more solely based on this season being a collective L and maybe he can benefit form experience.

But, then there's the John Collins model that he barely played freshman year and skyrocketed sophomore year. Difference there is the foul situation for each.

Does anyone have a link to Manning's postgame comments? Does he do a presser after road games like at home?

I'm usually comforted by listening to his comments, and I kind of need that right now.

I mean the rhetoric against Manning is nothing like it was against [Redacted]. It's just silly to say otherwise. At this point, confidence is pretty low but still probably not as low as it was for [Redacted], but I think we all recognize that Manning is a good guy who is working really hard.

Regardless of that, Manning's record this season is probably going to be worse than [Redacted]'s in year 4. That's unescapable and is deeply disappointing.

Thanks for the link to the presser, Ayo.

I wonder if Manning gets paid for each time he says "paint touches"?

Also enjoyed listening to comments from Crawford and Moore... Appreciate the work, Les.

I've gone from frustrated to baffled to no longer caring. I was smart enough to skip the Duke game but got sucked in last night with the first half run. No more. Back to dvr and hope something good happens to let me watch it. Chaundee needs to play - whatever it is DM it's your job to get it fixed. That also includes pine time for those players continually failing to execute - can't emphasize this enough - never any punishment for all the stupid plays.

I think with the current state of our program it's best just to never let yourself believe we're going to win. Last night for example, 15-0 run, I never let myself think we'd win. Up at halftime after playing pretty well, never let myself think we'd win. Up 1 with a few minutes left, never let myself think we'd win. Hard to be disappointed when you've already accepted the result. It sucks to have that outlook, but it's what the current state of things calls for.

Wow, it's obvious Manning is pretty fed up with his veteran guards, especially Wilbekin and Crawford. He doesn't have the complete beaten dog syndrome look during press conferences, but he's getting close. Really hope there's not something going on with Chaundee behind the scenes.

Wow, it's obvious Manning is pretty fed up with his veteran guards, especially Wilbekin and Crawford. He doesn't have the complete beaten dog syndrome look during press conferences, but he's getting close. Really hope there's not something going on with Chaundee behind the scenes.

Meh, he still looks like that when we win.

Manning will continue to look salty even if/when we start cutting down nets.

Credit to Les/Demon Deacon Digest

Not enough paint touches and settled for too many jump shots. You realize that you are the coach numb nuts and can call a timeout to chew our guards out or even sit their asses on the bench for not going inside. Mind boggling.

Back