• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest @ NC State Game Thread

. "If you're helping a team be successful during that game, that's who should play."

How does that apply to Wilbekin, Childress, and Crawford? Only one of those can be on the floor at a time at the end of games if the goal is to continue scoring and to stop the other team.

Had some of those last year as well. Clemson at home comes to mind.

That was a classic meltdown. To go further back, we blew a 16 point lead with 8 minutes remaining at home to a UVA team that struggles to score. This pattern of blowing games isn't some recent occurrence. At what point do people start looking at the coach for these late game collapses over the last few years?

I think this game may have pissed me off worse than all the others. Wake out played State most of the game and Manning finally played 2 bigs together to great effect.

Then, insert 4 guards and piss everything away.

Yup. Done after tonight. Even said in the game thread with maybe six minutes left that if we tried the four guard lineup again to end the game...

Manning has no fucking clue what he’s doing. Neither does the person who hired him. What a mess. I feel bad for the players.

Sounds like the NCAA is going to start allowing kids to transfer w/o penalty, so the whole landscape will be an annual free agent pool for every player.
Starting when? This offseason? Wow, that would change a lot.

I think this game may have pissed me off worse than all the others. Wake out played State most of the game and Manning finally played 2 bigs together to great effect.

Then, insert 4 guards and piss everything away.

Agreed. It was so good seeing Moore and Sarr play together. Moore played great D, and I think Sarr is going to be very good. They should have been in at the end.

Manning said that his prize recruit in this year's class is not helping the team-- what a stupid statement, because it means he thinks the four guards he had on the floor were helping! 10 sec call, multiple TOs and not scoring or playing defense-- how isthat helping the team, unless DM has a bet in Vegas and picked the Pack and needs to cover the spread.

Woah. Now we’ve seen speculation on these boards of Chaundee, Melo, Key, Crawford, Sam, Washington, and Mitchell transferring after the year. New record?

Woah. Now we’ve seen speculation on these boards of Chaundee, Melo, Key, Crawford, Sam, Washington, and Mitchell transferring after the year. New record?

Not a record for Wake. Average year during the Buzzaster.

Hey dude...you blamed the players so let’s get some new ones

Can’t see Craw transferring, possibly leaving early though. And the other six you can make an easy case for.

Only Wake could make a close game with mere minutes to play look like a blow-out loss. :tear:

I almost forgot Rich Washington existed. That 2016 class was a winner.

So 2 court stormings in 3 days at the Joel will have everyone jumping on the Danny train.

Can I interest you in next year's class and how that is going to change things?

I hear we are going to be so talented that even Manning cannot screw it up. These guys don't need any coaching. Just roll the ball out.

The players on the floor were capable of winning.

They didn’t.

That’s on both players and coaches.

Tough to come together and improve play and confidence in the midst of losing streaks.

Hope we can. One win could tip the scale, get something positive going. Seems a high hope, but can’t give up.

This was clearly a winnable game.

I hear we are going to be so talented that even Manning cannot screw it up. These guys don't need any coaching. Just roll the ball out.

I've heard similar rumors. It really should be an amazing spectacle. I've called the ticket office tonight but only a busy signal. It's just that damn good.

Back