• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest @ NC State Game Thread

Yep. We've got three guys capable of playing SF. Our starting SF played 7 minutes based on the only box score with minutes I can find. He started both halves, came out, and never came back in.

Game was tied 63-63 with 2 minutes left. Manning took out Sarr for Woods and went with 4 guards. They gave up 9 points in the last two minutes. I understand Sarr may have been winded, but I think Manning left two timeouts on the board.

https://www.scacchoops.com/viewhdgame.asp?hSchedule=45510&bView=10

Our small forward who had an offer to play basketball with Kansas rides the pine while coach insists on blowing the game with the terrible four guard lineup.

Last edited:
Just dumbfounded that big man Manning continually loses games late going small. :tard:

You play to win the game! Does he want to get fired??

z01gbgzm06qy.jpg

Just go with a ten man rotation

Crawford/Chill
Wilbekin/Woods
Brown/Melo
Mitchell/Thompson
Moore/Sarr

Unless there is foul trouble, don’t sub outside the primary position

You have to understand that DM thinks he is smarter than any other person in the basketball world and will NOT make any changes. All of us are just stupid and don't understand what DM knows from all his years of experience. The guy is a know it all and refuses to learn from game to game. It will not get better. He has had 4 years to teach some defense-- not happening. He does not think defense is important. He has had 4 years to teach some rebounding and nothing has happened. He has had 4 years to teach these guys how to run plays and nothing has changed. Wake Basketball right now is the definition of insanity-- we just keep doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome. Not going to happen until DM realizes that what he has been trying to do for 4 years is not working and getting some help, but that would require him to think something was wrong other than his standard "the ball needs to go into the basket" Don't expect much more next year. he will find a way not to use the talent he has coming in. I have firmly moved to the DM out camp

Manning has proven himself incapable of being a head coach. If he just let one of the guys from this board manage the minutes, I would expect 4 or 5 more wins. His line ups and substitutions are indefensible.

why do i get the feeling there's a weird vibe between manning and chaundee?

Well, at least I get to watch football Sunday night instead of the UVA bloodbath.

You have to understand that DM thinks he is smarter than any other person in the basketball world and will NOT make any changes. All of us are just stupid and don't understand what DM knows from all his years of experience. The guy is a know it all and refuses to learn from game to game. It will not get better. He has had 4 years to teach some defense-- not happening. He does not think defense is important. He has had 4 years to teach some rebounding and nothing has happened. He has had 4 years to teach these guys how to run plays and nothing has changed. Wake Basketball right now is the definition of insanity-- we just keep doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome. Not going to happen until DM realizes that what he has been trying to do for 4 years is not working and getting some help, but that would require him to think something was wrong other than his standard "the ball needs to go into the basket" Don't expect much more next year. he will find a way not to use the talent he has coming in. I have firmly moved to the DM out camp

No. Actually CharlotteDeac and Wrangor do, but I think the rest of us might get what you're saying.

I predict that Chaudee will not be here next year. Why would he want to play for DM. He gets no respect and obviously DM can not help him improve. Get out while you can!

He has parlayed this into an extension from a feeble minded AD, so why change anything.

Hmmm, I’d put money on one of Melo or Chaundee transferring after this year...

I predict that Chaudee will not be here next year. Why would he want to play for DM. He gets no respect and obviously DM can not help him improve. Get out while you can!

That would be crazy to lose your program’s highest recruit in 8 years b/c you refuse to give him meaningful minutes in games that all end up in losses.

I think this game may have pissed me off worse than all the others. Wake out played State most of the game and Manning finally played 2 bigs together to great effect.

Then, insert 4 guards and piss everything away.

Hmmm, I’d put money on one of Melo or Chaundee transferring after this year...

Both should be getting much more playing time if Manning understood that defense is half of the game, not an after thought.

That 6 year extension is so laughable. It can't be real.

Keep in mind the 6 year extension was given by an AD who though Jeff [Redacted] was a great hire! Once you get this concept, you'll realize Dave Clawson is a HUGE anomaly and would be wise to also keep his eyes WIDE OPEN.

Sounds like the NCAA is going to start allowing kids to transfer w/o penalty, so the whole landscape will be an annual free agent pool for every player.

Back