• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest @ NC State Game Thread

That was probably the best I have seen Doral play. But the guards were less than ACC quality. At the end, we looked like 5 guys who had never met before playing a pick-up game.

Really, really sad. I have given up on WF basketball. It's a lost cause.

Down to 90th in KenPom. Illinois gonna pass us soon.

That was probably the best I have seen Doral play. But the guards were less than ACC quality. At the end, we looked like 5 guys who had never met before playing a pick-up game.

Really, really sad. I have given up on WF basketball. It's a lost cause.

Pretty accurate summation.

You can’t. Just have a lot of stupid people on these boards

He put it the 4 guard lineup again with 2 minutes left. Stupid. We have a 3 year pattern of folding at the end of games under DM. Want me to name them? Let’s start with Virginia 2 years ago. UNC this year. NCSU this year. Duke last year x 2. There are about 15 more but I’m too tired to list them right now.

The only way Manning can save this season is to win the next two: UVA and Duke. Bzzz beat NCSU and Miami in his third year. It’s time for DM to pull some upsets.

He put it the 4 guard lineup again with 2 minutes left. Stupid. We have a 3 year pattern of folding at the end of games under DM. Want me to name them? Let’s start with Virginia 2 years ago. UNC this year. NCSU this year. Duke last year x 2. There are about 15 more but I’m too tired to list them right now.

We are definitely a bad late game team. A combination of Manning and our guards choking probably 95% of close games. If I’m not mistaken, Keats played a 4 guard lineup for a long stretch that “won them the game”* with Dorn at the 4. It can work if you have the personnel and we obviously don’t. I agree Sarr should’ve stayed in with Moore because it was working but I don’t know if he was exhausted or not. I’m not on the sideline.

I call out Manning when he deserves it and defend him when he deserves it. I called him out for preparation at the beginning of the VT game, but games like today your coach’s game plan puts you in position to win and your players just don’t make the plays they should to get there. I get the frustration completely. I’m incredibly frustrated too. It’s so ridiculous seeing our guys piss away games with poor end of game performances. That being said, not every single loss is on Manning. He had a good game plan today and mostly our guards shit the bed at the end. Missed open layup, backcourt violation, stupid shots. Crawford missed two barely contested fast break layups because he got fancy. Sometimes players have to make plays and today was one of those games.

We are definitely a bad late game team. A combination of Manning and our guards choking probably 95% of close games. If I’m not mistaken, Keats played a 4 guard lineup for a long stretch that “won them the game”* with Dorn at the 4. It can work if you have the personnel and we obviously don’t. I agree Sarr should’ve stayed in with Moore because it was working but I don’t know if he was exhausted or not. I’m not on the sideline.

I call out Manning when he deserves it and defend him when he deserves it. I called him out for preparation at the beginning of the VT game, but games like today your coach’s game plan puts you in position to win and your players just don’t make the plays they should to get there. I get the frustration completely. I’m incredibly frustrated too. It’s so ridiculous seeing our guys piss away games with poor end of game performances. That being said, not every single loss is on Manning. He had a good game plan today and mostly our guards shit the bed at the end. Missed open layup, backcourt violation, stupid shots. Crawford missed two barely contested fast break layups because he got fancy. Sometimes players have to make plays and today was one of those games.

Seriously, are you paid to post this shit? Cause, it really is just that. Total bullshit.

Who’s fault is it for using lineups we don’t have the personnel for?

Manning said that his prize recruit in this year's class is not helping the team-- what a stupid statement, because it means he thinks the four guards he had on the floor were helping! 10 sec call, multiple TOs and not scoring or playing defense-- how isthat helping the team, unless DM has a bet in Vegas and picked the Pack and needs to cover the spread.

This can't be understated. Manning rotates five players at the 1, 2, and 3. Four of them just lost the game. And he says his starting SF and highest rated recruit isn't helping the team.

What's his case for Wilbekin and Childress?

Wilbekin had 6 points in 55 minutes in the last two games. 2-14 shooting.

Childress is 17-55 in ACC play. Wilbekin is 15-45. Yes, they're shooting 31% and 33% from the field in ACC while each playing 27 mpg.

What's Chaundee doing that's so bad compared to that? 38% from the field in 16 mpg. He has ACC size and athleticism at SG and SF. He can play defense. Give him the minutes to work through it. This season is going nowhere. Playing Wilbekin and Thompson extended minutes is a dead end.

We don't have the personnel because our 2016 class was basically a complete dumpster fire. Who's responsible for that? I forgot Richard Washington even existed until someone mentioned his name earlier tonight.

This can't be understated. Manning rotates five players at the 1, 2, and 3. Four of them just lost the game. And he says his starting SF and highest rated recruit isn't helping the team.

What's his case for Wilbekin and Childress?

Wilbekin had 6 points in 55 minutes in the last two games. 2-14 shooting.

Childress is 17-55 in ACC play. Wilbekin is 15-45. Yes, they're shooting 31% and 33% from the field in ACC while each playing 27 mpg.

What's Chaundee doing that's so bad compared to that? 38% from the field in 16 mpg. He has ACC size and athleticism at SG and SF. He can play defense. Give him the minutes to work through it. This season is going nowhere. Playing Wilbekin and Thompson extended minutes is a dead end.

Definitely agree Chaundee should be getting much more time. His full quote he mentioned practice specifically so maybe there’s something going on we don’t know, but from the surface he should be getting more PT

Definitely agree Chaundee should be getting much more time. His full quote he mentioned practice specifically so maybe there’s something going on we don’t know, but from the surface he should be getting more PT

DM loves high energy practice dudes. Just look no further than TVH. Manning doesn't care if you can't dribble, pass, or even shoot. If you are giving 100% effort in practice then he will give you big time minutes. I.e. Wilbekin and TVH. DM is the top practice coach in the nation.

That was a classic meltdown. To go further back, we blew a 16 point lead with 8 minutes remaining at home to a UVA team that struggles to score. This pattern of blowing games isn't some recent occurrence. At what point do people start looking at the coach for these late game collapses over the last few years?
I was at that game. Was brutal.

It’s really hard for me to believe this board is treating a coach like Manning like it treated a jack wagon like [Redacted]. Manning is working hard to improve the program. We have had a really tough year and much of that is on him, but a lot of these posts are just miserable.

I've gone from frustrated to baffled to no longer caring. I was smart enough to skip the Duke game but got sucked in last night with the first half run. No more. Back to dvr and hope something good happens to let me watch it. Chaundee needs to play - whatever it is DM it's your job to get it fixed. That also includes pine time for those players continually failing to execute - can't emphasize this enough - never any punishment for all the stupid plays.

Back