• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake - Richmond Game Thread

UVA is not very good. Ranked far too high on KenPom. We have a shot at beating them I think.

Wait shit, our game with them is in Charlottesville. Nevermind, no chance.

UVA is not very good. Ranked far too high on KenPom. We have a shot at beating them I think.

Wait shit, our game with them is in Charlottesville. Nevermind, no chance.

At least it's not on a Tuesday. So there's that.

If McKie ever wakes up, we could be pretty good. As a senior he should be the one setting and example;, instead it's the young guys and Caron.

At this point you can pretty much bank on [Redacted] returning for a fifth year. The cupcake schedule has achieved its purpose. We have reeled off enough wins to support an argument that the team has made significant improvement.

We'll get enough league wins to get at least 16-18 wins overall. It doesn't matter where we finish in the standings or whether we go to the postseason. Wellman will use whatever excitement is generated by the new football hire as cover when he re-ups on Bz.

I like theses guys. They played like absolute crap today against a Richmond team that is not up to where they have been. No focus, lazy play, stupid turnovers. Pathetic

But they hung in stayed together and moved forward. CNN, Caron and Tyler played tough.

At this point you can pretty much bank on [Redacted] returning for a fifth year. The cupcake schedule has achieved its purpose. We have reeled off enough wins to support an argument that the team has made significant improvement.

We'll get enough league wins to get at least 16-18 wins overall. It doesn't matter where we finish in the standings or whether we go to the postseason. Wellman will use whatever excitement is generated by the new football hire as cover when he re-ups on Bz.

Eh, no NIT in year 4 and he's gone. I refuse to accept any other thought.

43% on threes, 75% free throws and a huge rebounding margin is not absolute crap. 20 turnovers kept it from being a blowout. There is so much negativity here some won't even acknowledge the things that we do good. I wonder if some would find fault if we played a perfect game. We showed grit and determination to get back in the game. As I said before, if McKie was playing like a senior should, we could be pretty good. Too bad the sophs and a first yr. guy(Caron) have to lead the way.

43% on threes, 75% free throws and a huge rebounding margin is not absolute crap. 20 turnovers kept it from being a blowout. There is so much negativity here some won't even acknowledge the things that we do good. I wonder if some would find fault if we played a perfect game. We showed grit and determination to get back in the game. As I said before, if McKie was playing like a senior should, we could be pretty good. Too bad the sophs and a first yr. guy(Caron) have to lead the way.

As many here have said before if Mckie hadn't had the soul sucked out of him over the past 3+ years he might be playing better.

I really don't understand the Travis bashing. He's been remarkably consistent over his career. He's played a role he was never meant to play and done an admirable job at it. He kept us from being even more abysmal the past two years (we likely don't win more than 10 games either year).

Even this year he hasn't played that bad. He is second on the team in win-shares (just behind CMM).

I guess people that hate on Travis either overestimate his potential (thinking he should be Josh Howard) or think that if only he gave more effort he would turn into a natural leader.

Most people aren't leaders. Most basketball players aren't leaders. That doesn't make them bad people or bad basketball players.

Travis has shown up night in and night out over the worst 3 1/2 year stretch in Wake Basketball history. He goes to class, he stays out of trouble, he loves Wake Forest, and he's a great representative of the University.

As many here have said before if Mckie hadn't had the soul sucked out of him over the past 3+ years he might be playing better.

I really don't understand the Travis bashing. He's been remarkably consistent over his career. He's played a role he was never meant to play and done an admirable job at it. He kept us from being even more abysmal the past two years (we likely don't win more than 10 games either year).

Even this year he hasn't played that bad. He is second on the team in win-shares (just behind CMM).

I guess people that hate on Travis either overestimate his potential (thinking he should be Josh Howard) or think that if only he gave more effort he would turn into a natural leader.

Most people aren't leaders. Most basketball players aren't leaders. That doesn't make them bad people or bad basketball players.

Travis has shown up night in and night out over the worst 3 1/2 year stretch in Wake Basketball history. He goes to class, he stays out of trouble, he loves Wake Forest, and he's a great representative of the University.

Travis is better than basketball than most of his critics are at reading comprehension and writing sentences. What a miserable lot...

well said my friend.

TRUTH.

Back