• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake @ Syracuse: 3pm RSN

I wonder if they will try to reschedule that UCF game. UCF could use a win over a P5 team as well.

It's possible. That's an interesting situation. S&P has UCF as a top 10 team but most (all?) human polls plus Sagarin have them 15-20.

Not really sure it would matter for UCF. It's all going to come down to their game against USF to see who goes to the NY6 bowl (Memphis could go ahead of USF as well, if they win). Don't think a game against GT would have any effect on where they end up. They also already rescheduled and played the Memphis game.

The AAC has a championship game Dec. 2nd (likely USF/UCF winner against Memphis, and with the winner likely going to the NY6). UCF won't know if they're involved in that until the weekend before

Interesting - makes it even less likely they'd reschedule, you'd think.

If UCF wins out, they are going to get into the NY6. The issue with not playing GT, would be if there was a massive set of losses among the Power V conferences over the final 4 weeks, and UCF would otherwise get playoff consideration with two Power V wins.

Would need a scenario like: Wisconsin loses to Michigan next week, but wins the Big 10; Clemson wins the ACC, but loses to S. Carolina (Miami beat Notre Dame, but loses at Pitt and to Clemson in the ACCCG), Oklahoma loses to TCU this week, but then beats TCU in the Big 12 championship game, USC wins the Pac-10, Auburn wins the SECCG and beats UGA twice in the process; Notre Dame loses at Miami and at Stanford.

If UCF does not play GT, their best win in the regular season is beating Memphis or Navy, just not enough to get to the Final 4 even if all of the other contenders collapse.

Holy shit that scenario sounds exciting.

Though I imagine it would just be Auburn/Clem/Ala/Okla in the playoff. Wisky would have a case, as would ND if they were to beat Stanford instead of losing to them

Ruggiero nominated for Broyles Award as country's best assistant #submittedwithoutcomment

Well, evaluating coaches is not really a strength here.

Much of this Board was gaga over Kliff Kingsbury and was certain that he was going to take Texas Tech to new heights when he was hired in 2013. Well, 5 seasons later, old Kliff has clinched another, yes, his 5th in 5 years, losing season in the Big 12. His conference record during his tenure is a pathetic 14-29 (1-5 this year); Kliff hasn't accomplished much during his time as a head coach other than beating Kansas. That said, no coach looks more bad ass wearing shades while spinning football on his index finger. So, he has that going for him -- which is nice. The good news for Texas Tech is that they have locked up Kliff through the 2020 season with his annual salary escalating to $5.5 million by 2020. Great investment.

Last edited:
I listened to a guy call for Grobe's head at every home game during the 2005 season.

As I recall they were calling for Lobo's head way back then. It was obvious one year after Troy left that Lobo was not, and never would be the answer.

Well, evaluating coaches is not really a strength here.

Much of this Board was gaga over Kliff Kingsbury and was certain that he was going to take Texas Tech to new heights when he was hired in 2013. Well, 5 seasons later, old Kliff has clinched another, yes, his 5th in 5 years, losing season in the Big 12. His conference record during his tenure is pathetic 14-29 (1-5 this year); Kliff hasn't accomplished much during his time as a head coach other than beating Kansas. That said, no coach looks more bad ass wearing shades while spinning football on his index finger. So, he has that going for him -- which is nice. The good news for Texas Tech is that they have locked up Kliff through the 2020 season with his annual salary escalating to $5.5 million by 2020. Great investment.

And you were sad when Grobe resigned.

And you were sad when Grobe resigned.

Nope. Agreed it was time for Grobe to move on. While I appreciated his successes at WF, he had lost his mojo for the grind of coaching.

Invite you and anyone else to search the archives.

As I recall they were calling for Lobo's head way back then. It was obvious one year after Troy left that Lobo was not, and never would be the answer.
Well we did win an Acc title and went to multiple bowl games in the next few years after that.

Last edited:
Well we did win an Acc title and went to multiple bowl games in the next few years after that.

Yeah, best run by far in school history, would’ve been hard to make any changes then. Now, when Lobo starting splitting our fullbacks outside at wide out and decided Tanner Price was an option QB, that was a different story.

Yeah, best run by far in school history, would’ve been hard to make any changes then. Now, when Lobo starting splitting our fullbacks outside at wide out and decided Tanner Price was an option QB, that was a different story.

Seriously, did anyone ever figure out what he was thinking?

Anyone have a channel # of where our game is on Sat.? TWC/Spectrum -
I can't find it on the channel guide anywhere, would like to record. Supposed to be on RSN, used to be WRAL, but now???

Back