• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/UVA

I'm not Dean Smith, but he wanted MJ to take last shot against Georgetown because he knew that Worthy and Perkins were going to be the focus of the defense. It was creative and resulted in an open shot for MJ. We had tons of other options : give ball to MW, or Crab, and run and pick and pop with the Greek. The Greek and Crab were hot, particularly Greek. We certainly don't need to ball in CMM's hands to score in the half court .

Does every message board have to have someone this idiotic? Is he really comparing our offensive options to 3 of the best players of alltime?

Manning putting the ball in Codi's hands there was bad coaching. That decision cost us a realistic chance to win the game. Codi in the halfcourt is as useful as a cock flavored lollipop.

Brilliantly stated

Does every message board have to have someone this idiotic? Is he really comparing our offensive options to 3 of the best players of alltime?

You moron - I was illustrating how you can run a play to surprise the defense.

Can we at least confine him to his own thread? Assuming it's not a moonz parody?

You moron - I was illustrating how you can run a play to surprise the defense.

Yes. Our offense with zero creators can trick the best half court defense in the country with a 12 second option. Yes. This is realistic.

After a few hours now still despondent about the loss....but looking forward to the future.

I admire CMM's hustle , rebounding, defense and ability to score in transition . But he is horrible in the half court offense. Does everyone want the ball in his hands again in the next game where we have a chance to win? Or on the free throw line ? Only if you enjoy losing .

Not to feed a troll, but Codi is great in our halfcourt offense. The problem as ph pointed out is that we decided not to run our halfcourt offense with 13 seconds left. I am all for codi taking a winning drive in the final seconds within the offense: coming off the ball, creating a mismatch, whatever. But if we're not going to run the offense because there's not enough time (I agree in this case there wasn't) then we need to try to draw something else up.

So to recap... The brilliant late-game options the "anyone but Codi" crowd has trotted out are, in no particular order:
"Give the ball to Crab," who has yet to show he can take anyone off the dribble,
"Give the ball to Mitchell," who REALLY hasn't shown the ability to take anyone off the dribble,
Work through Devin in the post, who had no shot attempts and was doubled the whole game, and who couldn't kick out to anyone today the way he usually does,
"Give the ball to Dinos" who can't dribble,
"Run your normal offense" which I normally wouldn't mind, but we got no open looks within the first 12 seconds (the amount of time left at the last possession) all day,
Pick and pop with Dinos, which isn't half bad but probably would've been switched on today and OH YEAH requires Codi to have the ball in his hands, so it kind of goes against the greater point.
Bunch of Woodens we have around here.

Just horrific play calling on that final possession.

It was like watching a numbers/doofus salad tossing 69.

I would have won that game.

If Codi had hit a game winner, it would easily have been the play of the day ahead of MSU and Tulane's game winners.

Just horrific play calling on that final possession.

It was like watching a numbers/doofus salad tossing 69.

I would have won that game.

With you at the helm we had no reason to even go to road games. Might have well just have saved the travel expenses and forfeited!

So to recap... The brilliant late-game options the "anyone but Codi" crowd has trotted out are, in no particular order:
"Give the ball to Crab," who has yet to show he can take anyone off the dribble,
"Give the ball to Mitchell," who REALLY hasn't shown the ability to take anyone off the dribble,
Work through Devin in the post, who had no shot attempts and was doubled the whole game, and who couldn't kick out to anyone today the way he usually does,
"Run your normal offense" which I normally wouldn't mind, but we got no open looks within the first 12 seconds (the amount of time left at the last possession) all day,
Pick and pop with Dinos, which isn't half bad but probably would've been switched on today and OH YEAH requires Codi to have the ball in his hands, so it kind of goes against the greater point.

This...or have Worthy or Perkins draw defenders so Dinos could knock down the open 14 footer.

Are you really happy with codi v brogdon one on one at the top of the key? I just can't believe there's nothing else to try. I thought he'd at least get a shot up, but he had little chance by himself in that situation.

well said....

so much this

Back