• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/UVA

This is too rich. Having a freshman with a loose handle, especially against pressure D, who rarely if ever scores on the move play point forward is your best idea and yet you think CMM on the bounce was a bad idea. Ok

Just when I think you can't post anything more retarded you double down on this dumb idea of Hudson at point forward.

What pressure defense? What game were you watching? UVa was sitting back and not pressuring the ball handler.

Aside from that though, man, your criticism of my criticism struck DEEP!

If only you didn't post "retarded" then I might have respected your opinion, but you did, so I don't. You fucking twat.

Also, CMM on the bounce is a proven bad idea. That isn't even debatable at this point.

Here is your problem, BacktoBack. You're more worried about the coach "looking good" than the program progressing. I have no time for small minded people like you. Good day.

First sentence absolutely. Second sentence absolutely not, unless you are ignoring the first 39:48.

Fair. Probably far too harsh, but he blew the chance for a win.

And when a coach blown a chance for a win... should we even credit him the 39 minutes where he allowed his team to keep it close? I'd vote no. I think Coach Manning would vote no too.

And when a coach blown a chance for a win... should we even credit him the 39 minutes where he allowed his team to keep it close? I'd vote no. I think Coach Manning would vote no too.

I mean we were on the road against the second best team in the country. Manning certainly isn't going to ignore or excuse the end of game shortcoming but given that we get the same team at home in 12 days I sure as hell hope he doesn't ignore the first 39 minutes of the game. You shouldn't either.

What pressure defense? What game were you watching? UVa was sitting back and not pressuring the ball handler.

Aside from that though, man, your criticism of my criticism struck DEEP!

If only you didn't post "retarded" then I might have respected your opinion, but you did, so I don't. You fucking twat.

Also, CMM on the bounce is a proven bad idea. That isn't even debatable at this point.

Here is your problem, BacktoBack. You're more worried about the coach "looking good" than the program progressing. I have no time for small minded people like you. Good day.

Cursing and name calling in the same post and I'm small minded. Gotcha.

If you don't think the program is progressing then you must have missed the last four years.

Hudson has taken 46 2-point field goals all year, none in our past two games, and yet he's going to break down the 2nd-best defense in the country off the dribble? Not to mention the fact that despite serving primarily as a spot-up shooter, he still has a higher turnover rate than CMM (19.6 to 18.1).

I couldn't watch the game and the replay hasn't come up yet in espn3. Can't wait to watch.

Not many options right now for this team. Only true point is Madison, and if he is on the floor Virginia sags off him and crowds the lane even more. Really do not have a player that can shoot from the outside without being a spot up shooter. I think we have to live and die with CCM at this time.

Review the UVA 3 pointer in the first half that was a two and make our FTs and CMM is dribbling out the clock to end the game and we just beat the #2 team in the country.

CMM won us the last two games by taking it in his own hands at the end. It usually only gets remembered when he fails.

He missed the shot in the lane with 2 point lead against Miami with 20 seconds left. He did make some good plays at the end other than that. A 3 point play and a drive / assist to DT. Against NCSU he made a good steal at the end. I think he scored 15 points total in those 2 games.

The hook call on Devin was absolute shit and I hate to ever bitch about officials.

Yeah, he hooked him with his right shoulder and torso . He didn't even use his arm. DT can't get a call. Sometimes I can't blame him for losing it.

the criticism of manning is just asinine. of course we struggle in end of game situations, thats just about the last thing he's gonna work with the team on while trying to install a new system, coach up a bunch of freshmen and wean them off bzzball. also the fact that our offense (smartly) goes for 3s and layups while eschewing midrange jumpers hurts in situations where we need a quick bucket.

also, cmm scored 1-on-1 at the end of the first half and got to the rim and drew a foul in the 2nd last possession of the game.

I couldn't watch the game and the replay hasn't come up yet in espn3. Can't wait to watch.

I know you do the post game thoughts (which i appreciate), but you may not want to watch. It's great and terrible all at once. Just gut wrenching.

I don't have anything pithy or antagonistic to say in this thread. I'm just bummed--still.

Honestly, you need to stop commenting on basketball. Through plenty of posts you have shown that you have virtually no clue what you are talking about. Earlier in this thread, wfu22fan was quoting you and agreeing with you. I concede you may know soccer. But basketball, no.

The same people that criticize manning the most are the same people that say our players aren't very good and the same people that don't understand that losing close games is different than losing in a blow out.

And [Redacted] fans.

Honestly, you need to stop commenting on basketball. Through plenty of posts you have shown that you have virtually no clue what you are talking about. Earlier in this thread, wfu22fan was quoting you and agreeing with you. I concede you may know soccer. But basketball, no.

That's two insults for the price of one.

As for the officiating, predictably bad but what do you expect? At this point the showponies have separated from the pack, no reason to think that Wake can claw its way in, far too much on the table for UVa to pick up a close loss. If Wake was going to win yesterday, it needed to put UVa away (Like Pitt did to Carolina). Refs remembered their lines in the Wake game, but holy cow did they cling to the script in the Carrier Dome in the next game. Props to Bilas for raising the uncomfy questions: "Well, that's what a foul looks like, not sure where the whistle went....How can you not call that?" (talking about separate, consecutive plays in a three point game)

Last edited:
My heart goes out to this team. They spent the last four years in basketball foster care and they've finally been adopted by a coaching staff that loves them and wants them to win. That said, if there was a 30for30 on the 2015 Deacs, it would be entitled "Losing Time."

Back