• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Vanderbilt GAME THREAD - 9/9/2023, 11am Allegacy Federal Credit Union Stadium - lightening delay

Also is the Chase Jones thing something we need to be worried about? If it’s a concussion, I get that people have a wide range of recovery. But claw kept egging us on with Andersen’s injury last year that wasn’t a concussion
Yes. I mean, Clawson said he's 50-50 but also made it seem like everything had to be perfect for him to be cleared ... which doesn't sound all that 50-50 to me.

I like their LB depth but that really takes a hit when you remove 2 of the 6 (Jones and Eldrick Robinson II), and there's a huge drop-off to anybody else.

Andersen's situation wasn't him egging you on; he had a few setbacks. I talked to him early in fall camp about how frustrating those were -- realizing I didn't put that in the story. Said he kept refracturing his fourth metatarsal and it eventually required surgery; "put a pin and screws in there. ... Probably around late October, November, I was really close to coming back, maybe a week away. And it just, you know, pop, it went again."

I assume YTTV does not have ESPN+. If so, how often is that an issue?

For revenue sports...just early season I think for basketball? For non-revenue sports more of an issue overall. I have ESPN+ separately though so I don't really ever think about the distinction between "available streaming through YTTV on ESPN" and "ESPN+ separate" so maybe it's a little bit more than I think it's an issue? I think it happened a handful of baseball games.

Yeah I was trying to figure out why the big jump on SP+ compared to almost every other power rating. Basically everybody else thought Elon was meh but our adjusted winning margin on Sp+ was 33 lol
SP+ when Bill put out the sheet was only 21.9. While Wake under performed from a spread perspective, it projected Wake would give up 15 points on defense. Only gave up 10 and was great down to down on that side of the ball where there's solid room for improvement stats wise

Yes. I mean, Clawson said he's 50-50 but also made it seem like everything had to be perfect for him to be cleared ... which doesn't sound all that 50-50 to me.

I like their LB depth but that really takes a hit when you remove 2 of the 6 (Jones and Eldrick Robinson II), and there's a huge drop-off to anybody else.

Andersen's situation wasn't him egging you on; he had a few setbacks. I talked to him early in fall camp about how frustrating those were -- realizing I didn't put that in the story. Said he kept refracturing his fourth metatarsal and it eventually required surgery; "put a pin and screws in there. ... Probably around late October, November, I was really close to coming back, maybe a week away. And it just, you know, pop, it went again."
From someone who had to deal with broken toes on two different feet last year, it's a brutally annoying injury.

Clawson has said he's in protocol twice so it's fine saying it's a concussion. Those things can vary so much.

For revenue sports...just early season I think for basketball? For non-revenue sports more of an issue overall. I have ESPN+ separately though so I don't really ever think about the distinction between "available streaming through YTTV on ESPN" and "ESPN+ separate" so maybe it's a little bit more than I think it's an issue? I think it happened a handful of baseball games.
But it does have ACCNX right? ESPN+ only really matters for a couple non-con weeknight baseball games at places like Elon and Coastal.

Just signed up for YouTube TV trial. Will cancel Spectrum once the Braves get in the playoffs. I appreciate the advice on checking the billing date.

Will refine/replace carriers when (and who knows where?) the Braves will be domiciled in TV land.

Cutting Spectrum loose on Monday. I’m concerned about the Hurricanes but I guess I’ll deal with it.
Don’t hold me to this, but I think you can get the local NHL and NBA teams that play on Bally’s through the Bally’s streaming service. I know it doesn’t cover the Braves (or a bunch - maybe all, I have no idea - of MLB teams) and I have no idea how much it costs, but worth looking into if pro hockey and/or basketball is important to you.

Watching the Kansas/Illinois game and I didn’t even realize how much I miss the option. Obviously not every play like a service academy or old Ga Tech, but just every once in a while. Kansas not afraid to call QB runs and options on big downs.

Don’t hold me to this, but I think you can get the local NHL and NBA teams that play on Bally’s through the Bally’s streaming service. I know it doesn’t cover the Braves (or a bunch - maybe all, I have no idea - of MLB teams) and I have no idea how much it costs, but worth looking into if pro hockey and/or basketball is important to you.
Not sure it covers the Canes either but I believe it’s $20 a month for whatever it does have.

Watching the Kansas/Illinois game and I didn’t even realize how much I miss the option. Obviously not every play like a service academy or old Ga Tech, but just every once in a while.
But if you want to be technical, we run the triple option!

ok just looked into this....if you subscribe to ballysportsplus, you can either get the Hurricanes NHL games or the Hornets NBA games for 19.99 month or you can bundle them together for 24.99. That seems like a lot, but if you combine with YTTV then I'd get everything I want and it would still be a lot cheaper than spectrum.

ok just looked into this....if you subscribe to ballysportsplus, you can either get the Hurricanes NHL games or the Hornets NBA games for 19.99 month or you can bundle them together for 24.99. That seems like a lot, but if you combine with YTTV then I'd get everything I want and it would still be a lot cheaper than spectrum.

Thanks for this! Feeling much better about the decision.

Thanks for this! Feeling much better about the decision.
You could also pay me the incremental $5 a month and I'll come kick you in the nuts and it would be much more tenable than being a Hornets fan.

Eta: maybe not nuts but the general concept applies

Back