• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Vanderbilt GAME THREAD - 9/9/2023, 11am Allegacy Federal Credit Union Stadium - lightening delay

Out here, Clippers play on Bally’s and Dodgers/Lakers play on Spectrum. But the Clippers have committed to broadcasting 15 games on KTLA, a network station. I’d like to see that continue to happen because these current arrangements really suck with local broadcasts being excluded from streaming services.

Looks like the forecast is clearing up a bit!
What I'm seeing is a mostly dry first half and thunderstorms at least throughout the 4th quarter.
I get that unlike the PGA who does it all the time, i.e. move the start up to get ahead of bad weather, that doesn't work as well for football (particularly with an 11a kickoff). However, the NCAA could also have a provision to forgo some of the endless t.v. timeouts in the 1st half to get ahead of the weather when there's clearly a front coming in; I'm sure there could be a financial accommodation for the advertisers, or even running a split screen.
And yes I get that "it's football" and you're supposed to play in all elements, but for quality of play and for us poor shmucks sitting in the stands, it would be nice not to have to sit in the rain watching that t.v. timeout thingy slowly clock down.
Regardless, headed out now and rain ger in tow.

What I'm seeing is a mostly dry first half and thunderstorms at least throughout the 4th quarter.
I get that unlike the PGA who does it all the time, i.e. move the start up to get ahead of bad weather, that doesn't work as well for football (particularly with an 11a kickoff). However, the NCAA could also have a provision to forgo some of the endless t.v. timeouts in the 1st half to get ahead of the weather when there's clearly a front coming in; I'm sure there could be a financial accommodation for the advertisers, or even running a split screen.
And yes I get that "it's football" and you're supposed to play in all elements, but for quality of play and for us poor shmucks sitting in the stands, it would be nice not to have to sit in the rain watching that t.v. timeout thingy slowly clock down.
Regardless, headed out now and rain ger in tow.
Agreed. They easily could get this in before the weather comes.

WAKE!!!!!

The hell up and get your asses to the game!!!

Weather makes it important to get ahead early. More so than without the weather threat. With a big lead, Wake could go conservative and just run the ball while Vandy would need to be taking risks in wet conditions. I hope Mora practiced kicking wet footballs this week.

So with YouTubeTV, are the network channels the local or national? So if I get YTTV with the Sunday Ticket, which would black out the Panthers because they are on the local broadcast, would I still get the Panthers via local Fox or would it be whatever the national Fox game is?

So with YouTubeTV, are the network channels the local or national? So if I get YTTV with the Sunday Ticket, which would black out the Panthers because they are on the local broadcast, would I still get the Panthers via local Fox or would it be whatever the national Fox game is?
It would be on your local channel on YTTV. For example, our CBS affiliate carries Patriots games and if that game were also broadcast on the NFL network, it is blacked out on that channel.

You get your local channels and if you’re traveling and watching YTTV you’ll get the locals wherever you are. So if you live in Charlotte and a Panthers fan if you’re on vacation in FL and try to watch your YTTV you’ll get whichever local teams are being shown.

YTTV is your local channel. One hiccup is if you travel, it changes to the local channel there. If you want to record something on network TV, make sure you login and indicate you’re traveling temporarily. Otherwise it won’t record it.

So what will the score be after the power hour when the eyes of the nation are on Wake Forest? I’m predicting 14-6 Deacs.

Wait so if I’m going to be traveling I can record a Panthers game, log onto YTTV wherever I am right after kickoff and start watching the recording?

How much is YYTV per month?

Wait so if I’m going to be traveling I can record a Panthers game, log onto YTTV wherever I am right after kickoff and start watching the recording?

If where you’re traveling gets the Panthers on a local broadcast.

Back