• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Vanderbilt GAME THREAD - 9/9/2023, 11am Allegacy Federal Credit Union Stadium - lightening delay

Do we know what exactly why we have an 11 am kickoff? Sorry if already covered.

Quadrupleheader on ACCN is why there is an 11 am kickoff (11 am, 2:15, 5:15, 8:30). Why Vandy-Wake is the 11 am kickoff instead of Charleston So vs. Clemson is the question.

TV slots. Amazingly all 14 ACC teams host football opponents this weekend. All are OOC games (including ND at NC State). So, the ACC holds the TV rights to every game.

ACCN is televising 4 games that day.

Quadrupleheader on ACCN is why there is an 11 am kickoff (11 am, 2:15, 5:15, 8:30). Why Vandy-Wake is the 11 am kickoff instead of Charleston So vs. Clemson is the question.
Because Clemson will bring more eyes than Wake and Vandy combined

Considering Wake and Vandy are mostly viewed as lower-class members of their respective conferences (Vandy deserves that, we sure as fuck don't) it's not surprising ... plus can you imagine the whine-fest from Dabo if they were given an 11 AM time slot????

Because Clemson will bring more eyes than Wake and Vandy combined

I highly doubt that against Charleston Southern ... a 75-0 blowout is not exciting TV. Vandy/Wake would be considered the more competitive (exciting game to watch) even when we do smoke their asses.

There are so many ACC teams hosting this weekend that several games are only available on ACCN+, which is field hockey level treatment:

W. Michigan at Cuse
Holy Cross at BC
Lafayette at Duke
SC State at GT

I wouldn’t be surprised if Wake-Vandy has more viewers than Clemson-Charleston Southern given it’s a standalone game for an hour. Maybe I’m underestimating the Clemson draw against an FCS though

A bigger institution (9,972 undergrad) against a much bigger (22,566) institution

vs

A smaller institution (7,111) against the smallest (5,447) institution

The numbers just don't add up, professor!

Literally every single question you ask about college football has the same answer.

"Why does the clock not stop for first downs anymore?"
TV

"Why are Cal, Stanford and SMU coming to the Atlantic Coast Conference?"
TV

"Why was Dave Clawson on edge at his presser?"
TV

I wouldn’t be surprised if Wake-Vandy has more viewers than Clemson-Charleston Southern given it’s a standalone game for an hour. Maybe I’m underestimating the Clemson draw against an FCS though
That may be the point. Get all the viewers from 11-12. Nobody will watch the first half of the Clemson game while ND-State and Colorado-Nebraska finish up.

I am curious if it’ll have any impact on Gameday viewership. Are people more interested in actual football (with an Ess Ee See team !) or hearing Zombie Corso and Donk McAfee talk about the same 5 teams they’ve already discussed the past few hours?

I am curious if it’ll have any impact on Gameday viewership. Are people more interested in actual football (with an Ess Ee See team !) or hearing Zombie Corso and Donk McAfee talk about the same 5 teams they’ve already discussed the past few hours?
-150 odds: They'll show the stadium pre-kickoff and Kirk will make the same elitist comment about the atmosphere he made last year.

I don’t watch Gameday. I might if it were only on for an hour before kickoff and if they ever gave Wake any positive coverage. On the rare occasion that they do say something good about Wake, that moron Herbstreit or that smug Fowler will make some snide put down.

Fowler hasn't been on Gameday for the past 10 years. Referring to Rece Davis?

Back