• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Vanderbilt GAME THREAD - 9/9/2023, 11am Allegacy Federal Credit Union Stadium - lightening delay

From sell-out to spring practice attendance just like that. :(

Hope the weather moves out quickly.

And as the 11 AM game there isn't anything else to watch football wise. 35 minutes of PAIN remaining where we should be watching our beloved Deacs shit all over Vanderbilt

Lightening delay while hundreds of people are sitting in metal stands.

That was a pretty awful throw by Mitch…lucky to not have this delay compounded by an interception

Mother Nature chiming in saying that CFB games should not kick off before noon

what’s the best twitter account to track the most recent lightning strike/earliest projected restart time?

yeah always curious about the folks who have tickets but don’t go. some must be season ticket holders, but can’t imagine we have that many of those. unless maybe there are opposing fans who buy season tix just to attend a single game.

maybe resale value is so low on the secondary market that it’s enough even worth the effort to try and sell them even if you aren’t gonna go.

for us though, it seems like for a game like this even if there was no cost to attendance we probably couldn’t fill the stadium

curious how the eight mile range was determined

was at a soccer game this year that has a lightning delay and it was clearly no threat to the stadium
Don’t know how that became the standard, but I think it’s an NCAA rule - 8 miles was the radius for the lightning delay during the Stanford CWS game.

If there’s lightning every time Mustapha makes a play, it’s gonna be a long day

yeah always curious about the folks who have tickets but don’t go. some must be season ticket holders, but can’t imagine we have that many of those. unless maybe there are opposing fans who buy season tix just to attend a single game.

maybe resale value is so low on the secondary market that it’s enough even worth the effort to try and sell them even if you aren’t gonna go.

for us though, it seems like for a game like this even if there was no cost to attendance we probably couldn’t fill the stadium
Parking lot seemed decently full, I think folks were filtering in, but not anymore obviously.

Current radar has an aggressive red patch right over W-S. Any on the ground reports? I assume we are still minimum 30 min away from starting until further notice?

Don’t know how that became the standard, but I think it’s an NCAA rule - 8 miles was the radius for the lightning delay during the Stanford CWS game.
my experience was at an MLS game — also had the eight mile rule

if you pi r square that shit that’s a pretty huge area

Back