• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"We work on it. Ask them." VIDEO POSTED

8386568.jpeg

The amount of "suffering" and "misery" [Redacted] is experiencing because of the outrage of the fanbase is drastically overrated on this thread.

I'm sure that in his mind he inherited a program in need of rebuilding, and rebuilding normally takes a few years. The outrage of the fans and boosters has nothing to do with whether he's a nice guy or gives great interviews or even if he's a good coach - it's whether Wake wins games. And in his mind based on where he started it's probably ok to look at year 4 or 5 as a fair time period for that to happen.

If he remains our coach, that means Wellman is on board with that time frame, which is insane and should result in both of their dismissals.

But this is a dude who coached in the NBA, went to the playoffs with Melo, got begged to come to Wake after getting begged to go to Colorado and he's making a crap load of money. Life is good for Jeff [Redacted], no matter how many angry, outraged posts spew from this website.

Can we start a new thread/tack this? Every single call tonight should be negative. I want that man to squirm. I want him to get pissed/freak out and cuss someone out on the air. I want callers to get dropped repeatedly for verbally pounding him into submission. FIRE AT WILL!

Ditto. This needs it's own thread. "Call this prick out tonight." They won't ignore all of our calls.

Really feel sorry for Stan- he's got 14 call-in shows to do with Bzz, barring a midseason dismissal.

I wonder if Bz dislikes Disco Dan? I think he does. He seems like kind of a dick to him.

He's had the beach house, even before he took the Wake job (shows as purchased in 1996 on Zillow):
http://411.info/people-directory/North-Carolina/Sunset-Beach/[Redacted]/

Oh, so that's his wife's name....
google image search
.....ouch

Really feel sorry for Stan- he's got 14 call-in shows to do with Bzz, barring a midseason dismissal.

I do too. Stan and Grobe seem to have a good time together on the show and you tell they really like each other a lot. Having to do an hour radio show with Bzzz has to be really tough. I remember last year I think, Stan asked him something to the effect of what he'd done today or something and Bzzz mentioned he barbequed and Stan said, "so what goes on the grill at the [Redacted] house." The answer Bzzz gave was so awkward and uncomfortable.

Good or bad coach the rancor amongst the ranks warrants a change at the end of the season.

skip had some awesome shows from the loop back when we were good at basketball

In 2+ seasons, [Redacted] has coached a lot of players when you consider all the transfers and I have yet to see one that I thought was "getting it." It ain't the players, it's the coaching.

I agree. All I'm saying is that no matter who you blame-- players or coaches-- it all comes down to the coach.

"We just turn and look at the ball and try to put our heads under the rim,'' [Redacted] replied. "But what we’ve got to do is carve out space. And they’ll tell you, we work on it. We’ve got to carve out space instead of just turning and ball watching.''

I'm curious as to why the rest of his answer to Dan was omitted by the original poster who started this thread.

"We just turn and look at the ball and try to put our heads under the rim,'' [Redacted] replied. "But what we’ve got to do is carve out space. And they’ll tell you, we work on it. We’ve got to carve out space instead of just turning and ball watching.''

I'm curious as to why the rest of his answer to Dan was omitted by the original poster who started this thread.

Because the original poster posted a link to the article. And because the quote as posted is not misleading in the least. Dan Collins asked him the same question repeatedly and he gave a bad answer.

what does it matter. after the 3rd time of being asked a direct question Jeff still essentially said "Well this is what I teach them, ask them, they'll tell you that its what I teach them, but for some reason they don't do it"

the guy never takes any personal responsibility for a damn thing. thats the issue here, and if you can't see it than i wish that i could live in your naive world where i guess beating High Point is a big deal

What a douche.

He is far worse. He is a whiner. I cannot abide a whiner.

The greatest criticism I can attribute to Wellman - whom I've never heard whine - is that he has a whiner for a basketball coach.

The thought that anybody walks away from a large salary is laughable. People don't walk away from a small salary when they are bad at their job either, somebody has to fire them.

If people can say it's logical for Teague, Johnson, AFA, CP3 to go get their money, it's not logical to say someone should just give up similar money.

Big talkers here, people are going to accept every dollar they can get until they are told to leave. The only difference for the average person is that they usually don't have a contract that entitles them to a large payout when asked to leave.

Name me one major Division 1 basketball coach that resigned while under contract that doesn't involve a scandal. Its not going to happen.

Since you asked - Bob Knight at Texas Tech. But only if you equate resigning with retiring.

Back