• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Week 8 CFB Thread

Not this. I don't have much of a preference between FSU & Clemson but you're being disingenuous if you think this is expected or acceptable from Clemson's perspective. Losing this game to FSU wouldn't have been a shock. I don't think anyone expected this.

Maybe didn't expect THIS to happen THIS season, but lurking in the back of your mind had to be the fact that "Big Game Clemson" would show up sometime and just get flambeed.

Damn, forgot about that. So it will probably be another top 5 ACC matchup when Miami goes to Tallahassee.

Yes. Gameday has already contacted FSU so it looks to be another ACC College Gameday. SEC is looking horrible this year. Funny how Missouri and Texas A&M were able to come over and dominate in the mighty SEC.

Not this. I don't have much of a preference between FSU & Clemson but you're being disingenuous if you think this is expected or acceptable from Clemson's perspective. Losing this game to FSU wouldn't have been a shock. I don't think anyone expected this.

Of course this isn't expected or acceptable....I'm drunk, but I think the debate started with the comment of Clemson pulling a Clemson....I'm just saying the typical usage of Clemson pulling a Clemson is losing to a team they shouldn't lose to, not getting their ass beat by a top 3 team...

I still think FSU deserves to be #2.

51-14 over #3 ON THE ROAD (who is still better than Washington, California, and Tennessee) is a pretty damn emphatic statement...

Especially with Oregon seemingly struggling a bit with Wazzu.

Of course this isn't expected or acceptable....I'm drunk, but I think the debate started with the comment of Clemson pulling a Clemson....I'm just saying the typical usage of Clemson pulling a Clemson is losing to a team they shouldn't lose to, not getting their ass beat by a top 3 team...

l4ApjKy.gif

Na, I could see Clemson rebounding, running the table and still playing in a BCS game, but FSU is better....again, this isn't some team full of 2 and 3 star recruits who are being coached up....That would be a "Clemson."

I, for one, cannot wait until that epic Clemson/Central Florida tilt.

Yes. Gameday has already contacted FSU so it looks to be another ACC College Gameday. SEC is looking horrible this year. Funny how Missouri and Texas A&M were able to come over and dominate in the mighty SEC.

LOL at "dominate". TAMU's and Missouri's conference winning percentages to date are 0.667 and 0.455, respectively. If that's domination in your world, then you probably work for Ron Wellman.

Yeahhhh I'm already over this Jameis Winston thing.

Certainly didn't mind seeing Johnny bitch boy get smacked around a bit. Mike Evans though...ridiculous.

LOL at "dominate". TAMU's and Missouri's conference winning percentages to date are 0.667 and 0.455, respectively. If that's domination in your world, then you probably work for Ron Wellman.

Well said. Tamu has the heisman winner, of course they'll be pretty good. Time will tell if it persists. Already two loses this year. Mizzou is solid this year in a very uncharacteristically pedestrian SEC east. Auburn and Ole Mis are greatly improved from last year. Bama is still Bama. The west is still pretty strong, despite LSU losing.

Well said. Tamu has the heisman winner, of course they'll be pretty good. Time will tell if it persists. Already two loses this year. Mizzou is solid this year in a very uncharacteristically pedestrian SEC east. Auburn and Ole Mis are greatly improved from last year. Bama is still Bama. The west is still pretty strong, despite LSU losing.

When has the SEC East been good outside of one good team? The SEC dominance has always been in the West. South Carolina and Georgia always just tumble out of the rankings only to move back to the top 10 in September.

Back