• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Dave Clawson - 430PM Presser (Clawson Wins Presser, OGB Gets E-Boners)

Elon is a short move and has low expectations. Would be a good fit for him.

Elon's moving up ?

My wife went there briefly in the mid 90's. At the time they literally played in a HS stadium. Now they're going 1A???

Yep

Nice stadium, same architect firm that did upgrades at Grove I believe.

Most likely he'd coach there four years and then hand the reins to Lobo

The only downside I can see to Lembo is that his name is sort of close to Lobo.

The more I read about this guy the more I am in. Think he would be a great fit.

So would we get 3 or 5 years from Lembo? Greener pastures have called his name a few times already.

So would we get 3 or 5 years from Lembo? Greener pastures have called his name a few times already.

If he does enough in 3 years to get a better job considering how bad next season will be, he would have been one hell of a great hire!

Keep on trollin'

If Lembo has success and leaves, then that would be 2 Wake coaches in a row that had success, and the stature of Wake football increases, and more good coaching candidates would be interested in the job.

Pete Lembo

I'll take 5 great years. If he moves on we are another rung up on the ladder. Keep moving up.

While everyone is at it I think now is a good time to make sure no one dates attractive interesting women. Chances are that another guy will be interested and you may lose her.

Having turnover every four to five years in our football program would be a very good thing. It would mean our staff was producing good enough results to get another offer. But perhaps more importantly, it would ensure that our staff was fresh and still had fire in its belly. It seems the challenges of coaching at Wake Forest start wearing down whoever is on our staff after a few years on the job. Frequent coaching turnover could very well be the answer to LOWF mindset that our school is plagued with.

Cool. Personally I'd rather have someone committed and loyal to Wake. Otherwise, they are just a hired gun. How different than tO$U?

I like the idea of Lembo but would want to make sure he brings some good ACC/SEC assistants that can land an occasional 4 star.

Lembo seems too obvious. I'm afraid RW will hire someone we've never heard of until the press conf.

Cool. Personally I'd rather have someone committed and loyal to Wake. Otherwise, they are just a hired gun. How different than tO$U?

How long should a coach need to stay for them to be committed and loyal?

I'd rather have a good coach.

The stepping stone fear is unreasonable. Dillon seems to forget "Only the Lord knows" and the Arkansas night scare. Grobe wasn't "committed and loyal" to Wake. He tested the waters. He put his name out there. And LOWF stepped to the plate and paid him. Who is to say we won't take care of the next coach to have some success here?

Back