• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Dave Clawson - 430PM Presser (Clawson Wins Presser, OGB Gets E-Boners)

Apparently Lembo's base at BSU is only 350k and he has not accepted a contract extension which has been on the table.

Reactions: TBR
Apparently Lembo's base at BSU is only 350k and he has not accepted a contract extension which has been on the table.

Good info..obviously suggests he's looking. Don't really see any jobs better than Wake opening up. I don't think UConn is better (at least not for him). UW will probably hire DeRutyer. As long as Texas doesn't muck things up by firing Brown I think we're good. Should be a light year on the carousel..at least at the power conference level.

Good info..obviously suggests he's looking. Don't really see any jobs better than Wake opening up. I don't think UConn is better (at least not for him). UW will probably hire DeRutyer. As long as Texas doesn't muck things up by firing Brown I think we're good. Should be a light year on the carousel..at least at the power conference level.

I think some depends on what Washington and Texas do. Do they start a domino effect or hire coordinators?

I think some depends on what Washington and Texas do. Do they start a domino effect or hire coordinators?

I think Washington will hire a coordinator or a mid-major coach (most likely from the west coast or with extensive west coast experience). We won't be competing with the resulting vacancy. Texas worries me. We obviously won't be competing with them directly, but if they hire someone like Strong then that's a vacancy that we would be competing with. But, until I hear otherwise, I am assuming next year is the Mack Brown farewell tour.

Yeah, that's the hope.

Lembo looks kinda like the lawyer from The Wire.

Good coach, total donk.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but history has shown us that the fact that Lembo is even being discussed by Wake fans as a desirable candidate means he has an icicle's chance in Hell of being hired. RW doesn't like fans influencing his decisions. I'm betting I'll have never heard of whoever he drags to the podium as our new guy and I doubt his name will have surfaced here. (God, I still remember hearing Bzz was Wake bound...ugh!)

On a serious note, hopefully it doesn't hurt us with our desired candidates that the next football coach will likely be working for a new AD in a couple years, if not next year.

If Football Scoop is to be believed, there is a lot of genuine interest out there from quality coaches.

Tweet from Football Scoop Staff:

Absolutely fascinating. Coaches texting me about other coaches saying Wake is their dream job. Love it. Hope it happens for those guys.

Tweet from Football Scoop Staff:

Absolutely fascinating. Coaches texting me about other coaches saying Wake is their dream job. Love it. Hope it happens for those guys.

Poisoned well my ass. Grobe proved you can be competitive and occasionally win here. There are only so many jobs out there in top leagues for coaches who see their mission as coaches the way that Grobe and Skip did.

Lembo looks kinda like the lawyer from The Wire.

Good coach, total donk.

thank you! after seeing a picture of Lembo, I can't get that lawyer from the Wire out of my head...identical twins!

Back