• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Dave Clawson - 430PM Presser (Clawson Wins Presser, OGB Gets E-Boners)

Cool. Personally I'd rather have someone committed and loyal to Wake. Otherwise, they are just a hired gun. How different than tO$U?

I don't know?

Maybe it's the fact that it's probably pretty easy dealing with five losing seasons when your other team went 24-0 over the past two?

Or, wait.

Maybe it's the fact that it's easy to preach winning the right way when your other team has more culture woes per season than Wake does in its history?

Our next coach will be committed and loyal. Hopefully, he won't get comfortable and he'll make sure that his teams are in the best possible position to succeed.

I don't know if Lembo is that guy, but his resume is pretty damn good.

Cool. Personally I'd rather have someone committed and loyal to Wake. Otherwise, they are just a hired gun. How different than tO$U?

I'm loyal. Pay me 2 million and I'll stick around.

A have a nanna in Muncie , Indiana. Letterman went there, but it's ranked 184 by US News. That's bad. Elon is decent academically and Lehigh is a good school so perhaps he has experience recruiting in the small puddle WFU fishes in.

If Football Scoop is to be believed, there is a lot of genuine interest out there from quality coaches.

A have a nanna in Muncie , Indiana. Letterman went there, but it's ranked 184 by US News. That's bad. Elon is decent academically and Lehigh is a good school so perhaps he has experience recruiting in the small puddle WFU fishes in.

I think he went there to position himself for a major job.

Last edited:
If Football Scoop is to be believed, there is a lot of genuine interest out there from quality coaches.

I guess they learned from how quick Buzz was hired that they better get their names in the pot early.

@BFeldmanCBS: Got a few texts already from coaches saying how hard it'll be for anyone to do better than Jim Grobe did at Wake.

I'd rather have a good coach.

The stepping stone fear is unreasonable. Dillon seems to forget "Only the Lord knows" and the Arkansas night scare. Grobe wasn't "committed and loyal" to Wake. He tested the waters. He put his name out there. And LOWF stepped to the plate and paid him. Who is to say we won't take care of the next coach to have some success here?

Exactly.

:BallStateDeacbatsignal

@BFeldmanCBS: Got a few texts already from coaches saying how hard it'll be for anyone to do better than Jim Grobe did at Wake.

It will be very hard to do better than winning the ACC. It will not be hard to do better than 5 consecutive losing seasons (going on 6 next year). Is this really that difficult to understand? I feel like I am taking crazy pills.

I'm sure Vandy and Stanford felt the same way. Coach Grobe is the man and I'll always love the guy, but that's nonsense

Can he send us some names so we know who NOT to hire?

If anything, this speaks to how bad we've been lately... we've been so bad that no one knows how poorly Grobe has done the last 5 years because no one has talked about us. Totally off the radar. These coaches are still living in 2006 land.

Meanwhile, there are rumors that 3-4 coaches have expressed interest just a few hours after Grobe made his announcement...

Last edited:

... because we paid the last coach over $2 million / year. If our dumbass AD will actually pay up for the replacement, we have many options on the table. I fear a Bz replacement at a bargain basement price.

Not feeling the Lembo lust! Bring in the Doooooze!! I want a "big-time" coordinator with success against big schools. That means more to recruits than beating the likes of Akron and Kent St.

Sorry, just not impressed with his one "excellent" year at Ball St.

Back