• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome to BzzOut!!

Yeah, but he wasn't necessarily upset with the hire (he has defended the hell out of Buzz). He was upset that the AD fed him bullshit lies about who we were pursuing and then signed Buzz, seemingly out of the blue.

i recall it as both. he was upset that he was apparently lied to but he was initially really upset about it being bzz as well. at least dumbfounded. he did become an ad shill again once the info, such that it was, began flowing back to him later.

Yeah, but he wasn't necessarily upset with the hire (he has defended the hell out of Buzz). He was upset that the AD fed him bullshit lies about who we were pursuing and then signed Buzz, seemingly out of the blue.

Guess what, we were all upset about being lied to by our AD. Wellman was/is an ass, no doubt about it.

There used to be over 100 deacon fans sucking up to Deman on his silly chats and then several hundred more would beg for the chat summaries as if they were full of golden nuggets. Times have changed.

There used to be over 100 deacon fans sucking up to Deman on his silly chats and then several hundred more would beg for the chat summaries as if they were full of golden nuggets. Times have changed.

Thanks twitter!

The worst part is that we're now in a position of taking a flyer on an up and comer coach that will likely still have some questions marks/unknowns. When Dino was fired, we were on solid ground, a top ACC team on tobacco road, and should have been able to make a hire of a known winner. If the next hire doesn't turn out to be a home run, we may be in for years of middle-of-the-road results. Sure, it will be better than Buzz, but an entire decade will be lost.

This. I just hope that we are able to do better than a Brownell or Donahue because those guys represent a most likely outcome of a high major team hiring an up and comer from a mid or low major, IMO. Even guys who are relatively successful (like Jones has been at LSU so far), still don't exactly have a track record that makes me optimistic about our hiring prospects post-Buzz.

Are there any recent examples of sustained success for a team in our predicament?

my spiral was similar to a lot of you.

1 - surprised dino was fired but cautiously optimistic due to the "win in the post season" stuff
2 - heard rumor then confirmation of bzz and was distraught. the metldown was epic in the premium chat room the day bzz was hired.
3 - still crushed.
4 - after reading that bs quote document wellman issued i tried really hard to be optimistic that so many people knew something i did not. (i knew it was a bunch of people just being nice but i really wanted to believe it).
5 - stetson loss gave that depressing "this is not happening. it can't be. it will be ok. right?" feeling
6 - presby loss made me realize i could not kid myself any longer and the initial reaction of EVERYONE (other than a few sycophants) was correct. bzz was going to be a disaster. even most people that were bzz in or wellman i trust initially thought bzz a bad hire but pushed that feeling in to the deepest darkest pits of their psyche to try and stay sane. i think that is why so many people are so angry. they really tried to buy in but nothing wellman or bzz did made any sense and it was all deliberately awful treatment of the fan base.

I must admit that this has been my overall position since day one. The buzztastrophe has slowly dwindled away any long term hope for the program with him at the helm. I have seen a wide range of improvement from most of the "7 man class" but that is the ONLY positive to take away from this season to date.

TRUTH!!!

The recruiting news from the SuperUsers on this board is light years ahead of shitty Scout.com.

This was THE place to learn the insider account of the Tyler Lewis recruitment.

The biggest problem is going to be Ron's insistence on just taking four-year players. Will any coach accept this stipulation?

Yet we have a one and done in Williams. But I guess when it is a grad student that makes it okay. Jesus, it's like the whole program is on crazy pills.

TRUTH!!!

The recruiting news from the SuperUsers on this board is light years ahead of shitty Scout.com.

This was THE place to learn the insider account of the Tyler Lewis recruitment.

We did break the Andre Washington commitment though! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Was Georgia Tech on Saturday rock bottom? When it became impossible to. bring [Redacted] back another year?

I already made this statement and I believe that the next 40 days are Rock Bottom because that's all we have left then Pinochadeac can leave us forever and fly his bicycle into the sky

I already made this statement and I believe that the next 40 days are Rock Bottom because that's all we have left then Pinochadeac can leave us forever and fly his bicycle into the sky

Haha. I hope I can find it in my heart to pull for the team again. It will never be the same though. Wellman forever killed a part of my deacon spirit.

Yet we have a one and done in Williams. But I guess when it is a grad student that makes it okay. Jesus, it's like the whole program is on crazy pills.

Those transfers sure don't stay 4 years either!

I was surprised Wellman fired Dino but didn't mind because he clearly wouldn't cut it long-term. Plus, I figured Wellman had quite the hire ready to go. Bz was quite the hire alright. I hoped against hope and chalked the first year up to a "perfect storm" of issues. I even had a bit of optimism after we won at Nebraska early in year 2. But the home loss to NC State in year 2 sealed the deal for me.

Worst coach ever. Worst hire ever. BzWellman can go, yesterday.

Brad, don't be so snarky. We soon will be just one big happy family. You and your Scout friends can post over here since there won't be a need for foul language in a Post Bz utopian world.

Haha. I hope I can find it in my heart to pull for the team again. It will never be the same though. Wellman forever killed a part of my deacon spirit.

Once Buzz leaves, you and the Strattons need to head west. Your time will be done. We will erect a farewell billboard.

And yet we advertise these problem players in our game day programs as "heralded" wfu players in the nba. ie: ish, teague, cp3, and yes...james johnson, the bad boy himself!

Yep.

xxQBOKs.jpg

Last edited:
And yet we advertise these problem players in our game day programs as "heralded" wfu players in the nba. ie: ish, teague, cp3, and yes...james johnson, the bad boy himself!

When somebody in the league inevitably gives Ty Walker a pair of 10-day contracts, they'll pimp him as a heralded player, too.

Back