• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman Assesses Deacons' Future With Optimism (WSJ)

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
tumblr_mju7hnKmtp1qajc4eo1_500.gif

The problem is not what he said, 95 percent of the AD's in the country would say something very similar even if they were getting ready to fire the current coach. The problem is I think he believes that crap. I also get tired of all the credit that's been given to last season. Last season wasn't all that good, only compared to the other 7 of the last 8 years makes it look good. We had the best player we've had since at least Aminu or maybe even CP3 and we went 19-14 and were one of the last teams in the expanded 68 team field. That's basically no different than in football over an 8 year period winning no more than 3-4 games in a season, except one where you go 6-6 and make a bad bowl game.

He’s going to avoid honestly appraising our performance this season just like he did with [Redacted]. That super hedge about next year’s expectations is cringeworthy.

Wellman, the nightmare that never ends and the most predictably annoying interview on the planet. Someone make him please stop, just please stop. It's like having Lenox in charge of our basketball program.

So the question becomes: Does Wellman have confidence the Deacons will be in the upper echelon of the ACC next year?

“If everybody is here, yes. I think that’s the potential of this team, or that will be the potential of the team,” Wellman said. “But we’ve got a long way to go to see what exactly is going to happen, too.”

The preceding paragraph didn't list Key as a planned departure so it already is set up to use him bolting as a reason why things didn't go according to plan.

I just don't get the logic of keeping a coach who hasn't shown he can do the job to coach promising young players.

You know you are lying when you repeat things.

“But I am very confident about our future, with what we have coming back and what we have coming in, I feel very, very confident about our future.”

Back