• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman Assesses Deacons' Future With Optimism (WSJ)

Watching the UNCG game. They undoubtedly play much better defense than Wake does. They look pretty offensively challenged but are getting good shots.

Miller is engaged and seems to care.

Pretty sure it would be a major upgrade to what we have.

There are men's YMCA lunch teams that play better defense than this Wake team. So, let's not get too carried away.

Why the hell should experience of other coaches be a filter for whether we can compare Manning to them? Those are the programs we're going up against in the conference. Those are the coaches Manning is going up against.

I’m not saying you can’t, I’m only saying it would be a much better comparison to use other teams that started a rebuild at the same time as us and are in much better shape. It supports the same argument and you can draw direct parallels between the programs in terms of “stage of rebuild”.

Watching the UNCG game. They undoubtedly play much better defense than Wake does. They look pretty offensively challenged but are getting good shots.

Miller is engaged and seems to care.

Pretty sure it would be a major upgrade to what we have.

Definitely better coached than Wake. Not sure Miller is the answer but no doubt he’d be better than MAnning. Manning would never have a team in position to win 27 games.

Definitely better coached than Wake. Not sure Miller is the answer but no doubt he’d be better than MAnning. Manning would never have a team in position to win 27 games.

That's pretty much where I am. There are a bunch of coaches that would be better than Manning. Wes is one of them. Not sure if he is the best choice or not.

That's pretty much where I am. There are a bunch of coaches that would be better than Manning. Wes is one of them. Not sure if he is the best choice or not.

Miller at least appears to be coaching and not just standing there like a statue.

Miller would be a huge upgrade over the current shit-show. I have no idea if he's the right answer but he should definitely be in the conversation. Which, of course, means with the current village idiot AD, he won't be remotely considered.

Back