• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman Assesses Deacons' Future With Optimism (WSJ)

He was not overly complimentary of Manning or the coaching staff.

Didn't mention them at all, actually. I don't get the impression from the article that he's made a decision on bringing Manning back yet.

We got outworked in the second half Saturday by a team that just played a game 36 hours before when we had a week off

I didn't see it as getting outworked. Moreso a lot of stupid decisions from trying too hard. We get down and guys like Crawford and Chill try to put the team on their back, start taking ill-advised shots, and rushing. Then it snowballs. The team still needs to learn how to win. There were times last year they looked like they might get over the cusp but they didn't really and they haven't this year either. That's probably the biggest indictment of Manning.

Giving up nine offensive rebounds in the second half to a team with tired legs?

Giving up nine offensive rebounds in the second half to a team with tired legs?
And their best (and only good) big picked up his 4th foul with 16:00 left in the 2nd half.

All those transfers should be excellent fodder for the Manning apologists. The excuses are ready made!

Looking back does anyone wish Jeff would have gotten another year? It did seem like he had stabilized the program and was headed upwards.

We all know next year is make or break for Manning. Losing record means he's gone. What I fear is that a year like last year gets him another couple years.

I also fear this the most, and it’s got an outside chance of happening depending on if Bryant stays or leaves.

Looking back does anyone wish Jeff would have gotten another year? It did seem like he had stabilized the program and was headed upwards.

I don't know, do you think Gott should have gotten another year? He did make a sweet 16 one year after all

Didn't we already arrive at a workable formula for Wake basketball expectations?

[current year] + 1 = Success

That's a stretch. Thinking that WF could lose 7 players with eligibility off the current roster? Among scholarship players only Chill and Sarr return? Why not predict all 9 players with eligibility depart to feed into the negativity frenzy?

I am also hoping that Wright & Mucius can get it done for us because I am not sure what to think about Lewis as there seem to be no stats for him this year. Many have seen Hoard and he is a prototypical European player and is not overly aggressive and won't take over games. We shall see.

Well I'm sure that hoard will change once he gets into the intensity powder-keg known as Danny Manning

anyone else feel like nut punching this guy?

After a strong start to the year at Brewster, Mucius has kind of fallen off the news on their site the last 5-6 games. Anybody know if he has maybe been hurt or just suffering from "the Wake virus" for perspective players? Wright has sort of nose dived as well the last several games (although he did get injured for a week or so) and Lewis is still evidently in the witness protection program.

I thought Lewis was recently ruled out for the year with that injury thing or whatever. (That's the kind of detailed, hard-hitting analysis you come to the boards for.)

After a strong start to the year at Brewster, Mucius has kind of fallen off the news on their site the last 5-6 games. Anybody know if he has maybe been hurt or just suffering from "the Wake virus" for perspective players? Wright has sort of nose dived as well the last several games (although he did get injured for a week or so) and Lewis is still evidently in the witness protection program.
How's Hoard doing? Thought I read on here recently he was scoreless against Greensboro Day.

i’m worried about anyone who is supposed to be our program’s savior

can we hire GDS coach onto our staff? held the opposing teams best player, top player in the state to 0 points in his last high school game. thats gameplanning

Back