• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman Assesses Deacons' Future With Optimism (WSJ)

Wow i love rogue Disco Dan. One gets the impression he got a little tired of Ronnie peeing on his leg and telling him it was raining...

While not necessarily incorrect, that article lacks a whole lot of perspective and context. NC State is a decent comp I suppose and I like Keatts, but the others not so much.

While not necessarily incorrect, that article lacks a whole lot of perspective and context. NC State is a decent comp I suppose and I like Keatts, but the others not so much.

OMG. You are insufferable in your support of the worst game coach in WF history.

DpQ9YJl.png

Don’t you see the irony in not including all teams in conference as comps?

Manning, I have to think, will be the head basketball coach at Wake next season. Wellman hired him, and Wellman is a proud man. He’s also the proud man who subjected Wake fans to four years of Jeff [Redacted].

Holy shit. Let the asshole have it Dan!!!!!

Don’t you see the irony in not including all teams in conference as comps?

Yeah, I would just prefers the comps to be teams that were in a situation similar to ours like maybe BC and VT, to a lesser extent State but it’s still a decent comparison. Each of those teams is clearly better than us this year - hence the “not necessarily incorrect” part of my post. I just don’t think programs with an 18 year head coach and an 8 year head coach are great for direct comparison.

Yeah, I would just prefers the comps to be teams that were in a situation similar to ours like maybe BC and VT, to a lesser extent State but it’s still a decent comparison. Each of those teams is clearly better than us this year - hence the “not necessarily incorrect” part of my post. I just don’t think programs with an 18 year head coach and an 8 year head coach are great for direct comparison.
oh ffs

Watching the UNCG game. They undoubtedly play much better defense than Wake does. They look pretty offensively challenged but are getting good shots.

Miller is engaged and seems to care.

Pretty sure it would be a major upgrade to what we have.

???? I’m not even disagreeing with the overall idea of the article lolz what do you disagree with in that post??
Why the hell should experience of other coaches be a filter for whether we can compare Manning to them? Those are the programs we're going up against in the conference. Those are the coaches Manning is going up against.

Back